2021 Michigan Credit Unions and Professionals Honored During Awards Ceremony
At the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) & Affiliates’ 2021 Annual Convention and Exposition (AC&E), the winners of the 2021 MCUL and Michigan Credit Union Foundation (MCUF) Awards were recognized during an awards ceremony.
The MCUL and MCUF Awards recognize credit unions, professionals and volunteers for outstanding efforts in individual and organizational leadership, operational effectiveness, community service and financial education during the previous year.
“Last year, and all the unprecedented challenges that came with it, proved that the Michigan credit union industry is a unified movement. Our member credit unions worked together even more than ever over the last 18 months to collaborate on how to best protect their teams, members and serve their communities,” said MCUL CEO Patty Corkery. “While there are many credit unions and team members that deserve recognition here in Michigan, we’re proud to recognize some of the many professionals and organizations that shined a light in a very difficult year and have dedicated their career to this movement.”
MCUL Award Winners:
Distinguished Service Award: This award celebrates a lifetime of achievement for those demonstrating exceptional dedication to the credit union industry over the course of their careers.
- Bill Lawton, Community Financial Credit Union (Plymouth)
- Patty Campbell, Christian Financial Credit Union (Sterling Heights)
Outstanding Credit Unions of the Year: This award recognizes a credit union for outstanding contributions with member services and community engagement.
- Large-Asset-Size Winner: Honor Credit Union (Berrien Springs)
- Medium-Asset-Size Winner: CASE Credit Union (Lansing)
- Small-Asset-Size Winner: Aeroquip Credit Union (Jackson)
Professional of the Year: This award celebrates an individual whose leadership and accomplishments have bettered their individual credit union, district/chapter and relationships within the statewide movement.
- Terry Katzur, ELGA Credit Union (Burton)
Young Professional of the Year: This award recognizes an up-and-coming professional with proven dedication and enthusiasm for the industry and their community.
- Kyle Gurzynksi, Safe Harbor Credit Union (Ludington)
MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award: This award recognizes an individual chapter for its outstanding achievements in advocacy, collaboration and teamwork on a statewide and national level.
- Mid-Michigan Chapter of Credit Unions
Innovation Award: This award recognizes credit unions for innovative thinking and community involvement.
- Large-Asset-Size Winner: Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union (Clinton Township)
- Medium-Asset-Size Winner: Michigan Legacy Credit Union (Wyandotte)
MCUF Award Winners:
Excellence in Consumer Education: This award recognizes an individual or credit union for outstanding contributions and innovation in consumer financial education for members and within the community.
- Mark Munzenberger, University of Michigan Credit Union (Ann Arbor)
Credit Union Difference in a Crisis Award: This award recognizes outstanding response to the many COVID-19 challenges affecting Michigan families, businesses and communities.
- Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union (Clinton Township)