Michigan’s 2021 State and National CUNA Award Winners
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) announced the state and national winners for the 2021 Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Awards. Administered in Michigan by MCUL and CUNA, the Louise Herring, Dora Maxwell and Alphonse Desjardins award programs recognize credit unions for exemplary community service and financial education efforts.
“The League congratulates the Michigan winners of the 2021 CUNA awards,” said MCUL CEO Patty Corkery. “I am very proud of our state credit unions, all of which work tirelessly to find new ways to build financial health for our 5.7 million members. The many programs and services represented among this year’s winners is a great example of that commitment.”
Congratulations to the following first place winners in this year’s state- and national-level awards:
Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award
This award promotes social responsibility among credit unions by formally recognizing their community service achievements.
- Lake Michigan Credit Union (> $1B)
- FreeStar Financial Credit Union ($250M–$1B)
- Catholic Vantage Financial Credit Union ($50M–$250M)
Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award
This award promotes credit union philosophy by formally recognizing credit unions that demonstrate in an extraordinary way the practical application of that philosophy for their members.
- One Detroit Credit Union, 1st place
- Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union (> $1B)
- Kellogg Community Credit Union ($250M–$1B)
Alphonse Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award
This award honors leadership within the credit union movement on behalf of youth financial literacy.
- Genisys Credit Union (> $1B)
- CASE Credit Union ($250M–$1B)
Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award
This award honors leadership within the credit union movement on behalf of adult financial literacy.
- Alliance Catholic Credit Union, 2nd place
- University of Michigan Credit Union (> $1B)
- Alliance Catholic Credit Union ($250M–$1B)
MCUL is currently accepting nominations for the MCUL and Michigan Credit Union Foundation (MCUF) Awards until Nov. 19, 2021. MCUL/MCUF Awards recognize both credit unions and individual employees for industry innovation, chapter effectiveness, community leadership and more.
MCUL Award Categories
- Distinguished Service
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year
- Credit Union Professional of the Year
- Young Professional of the Year
- Credit Union Youth Advocate of the Year
- MCUL Chapter Effectiveness
MCUF Award Categories
- Financial Education Champion
- Community Enrichment
The MCUL Awards Committee, based on nominations and supporting information received, will choose award winners to be honored in 2022 at an event and time still to be determined.
More information about submitting MCUL/MCUF Award nominations can be found here.Go to main navigation