MFCU Awards $10,000 in Scholarships from Golf Outing
Members First Credit Union (MFCU) believes in the power of education and financial literacy. This year, MFCU awarded scholarships to eleven students, including one nontraditional student.
Scholarship funds are raised by the Swinging for Scholarships Golf Outing, which was held on June 19. The golf outing is MFCU’s sole fundraising event for their scholarships, and every dollar raised at the outing goes directly to the MFCU scholarship program.
“We are incredibly grateful to be centered in communities that support our Swinging for Scholarships Golf Outing. This event raises the funds needed to make our scholarship program possible,” said Eric Brubaker, president/CEO of MFCU. “Thanks to the sponsorships and donations by our many partners and members across the state of Michigan, we exceeded our goal and raised over $10,000. With these funds, we are able to encourage students to continue their education by offering eleven scholarships.”
The 20th Annual Swinging for Scholarships Golf Outing hosted more than 175 golfers across 27 holes.
This year, MFCU awarded the following students scholarships:
- Austin Raymond – Mid-Michigan Community College
- Mitchell Conley – Michigan State University
- Nicholas Lovejoy – Saginaw Valley State University
- Matthew Longuski – Ferris State University
- Shelby Raymond – Mid-Michigan Community College
- Alexandria McMath – Alverno College
- Royden Pett – Concordia University
- Shane Gross – Saginaw Valley State University
- Brenna Hover – Michgan State University
- Nathan Guentert – Central Michigan University
- Marci Moss – Delta College
The 21st Annual Swinging for Scholarships Golf Outing will be held on June 18, 2019. Visit www.mfcu.net for details, registration and sponsorship information in April.Go to main navigation