MCUF Expands Board, Calls for Nominations
The Michigan Credit Union Foundation is seeking self-nominations for board members to help guide MCUF initiatives including community enrichment grants, financial education and counseling programs, and credit union young professional support. With the new expansion of the board, this is an exciting time to be a part of MCUF leadership. The deadline for self-nominations for a MCUF board position is quickly approaching. Nominations are due by June 8, 2023.
Open MCUF Board of Directors seats this year are:
- District III (Blue Ox and Mid-Michigan Chapters) for a two-year term.
- District IV (Upper Peninsula Chapter) for a two-year term.
- District V (Flint and Capital Area Chapters) for a two-year term.
- District VI (Metro East and Oakland County Chapters) for a two-year term.
- District VII (Metro West Chapter) for a one-year term.
- Large Asset Size at-large (above $136,155,805 in assets) for a two-year term.
- Small Asset Size at-large (at or below $136,155,805 in assets) for a one-year term.
Qualifications and Responsibilities for the Board:
Board members’ primary duties are to provide leadership and governance for MCUF, contribute expertise and resources, actively participate in meetings and activities, and to represent and promote MCUF with Michigan credit unions.
To qualify for election as a MCUF Board Director a person shall be: (1) a member of, and (2), a director, credit committee, or supervisory committee member, manager/chief executive officer, or senior management employee who reports directly to or is recommended by the manager/chief executive officer of the credit union that is a League member in good standing.
Ideal board candidates include individuals who:
- Have a commitment to MCUF’s mission of cooperatively empowering credit unions to increase financial well-being by supporting community enrichment, financial education, and credit union development initiatives.
- Are familiar with the operation of a charitable 501(c)3 organization.
- Have the capacity to attend meetings and participate in board activities.
- Have the capacity to participate in credit union outreach at the state, chapter or district level to increase awareness, participation and support for the Foundation.
Please visit the MCUF website for information about the Foundation’s mission and activities. For a list of current MCUF Board Directors click here. More information about MCUF board member duties and activities is found here.
MCUF Executive Director Beth Troost at Beth.Troost@mcul.org for more information about the foundation or about board member activities.
To Submit Your Self-Nomination: