What Can you Do?
It is important to be current on events in Lansing. Credit unions can learn more about what is taking place at the Capitol by reading our advocacy roundup and the MILeague Minute. Furthermore, participating in Chapter events to extend your network and reach. Read on to discover how to make an impact at both the state and federal levels of advocacy.
Only you can share personal stories about how your credit union has helped members and constituents. The following events are ideal places to share the credit union difference with lawmakers:
- MCUL’s Government Affairs Conference
- Invite local public officials for a tour of your headquarters
- Legislative breakfasts
- In-district office hours
It is in everyone’s best interest to stay on top of the federal issues that influence our industry. Credit union representatives can attend events such as Hike the Hill in Washington, D.C. to bolster the following outreach efforts:
- Support the reduction of regulatory burden
- Educate lawmakers about data breach liability
- Underscore the importance of not-for-profit tax status