2021 MCUL and MCUF Awards Honor Michigan Credit Unions and Professionals
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) announces the winners of the 2021 MCUL Awards and the Michigan Credit Union Foundation (MCUF) Awards.
Together, the MCUL and MCUF Awards recognize credit unions, professionals and volunteers for outstanding efforts in individual and organizational leadership, operational effectiveness, community service and financial education.
“As everyone knows, 2020 was a tough year. Specifically in Michigan, between COVID-19 hitting the state and the Midland flooding that happened over the summer, there were many challenges,” said MCUL President/CEO Dave Adams. “However, last year’s challenges make it all the more rewarding to take a moment and recognize some of the many professionals in our movement that stepped up to help their colleagues, members and community in 2020.”
The following winners are continually seeking out new ideas and innovations that make Michigan a better place for all.
MCUL Award Winners
Distinguished Service Award: This award celebrates a lifetime of achievement for those demonstrating exceptional dedication to the credit union industry over the course of their careers.
- Bill Lawton, Community Financial Credit Union (Plymouth)
- Patty Campbell, Christian Financial Credit Union (Sterling Heights)
Outstanding Credit Unions of the Year: This award recognizes a credit union for outstanding contributions with member services and community engagement.
- Large-Asset-Size Winner: Honor Credit Union (Berrien Springs)
- Medium-Asset-Size Winner: CASE Credit Union (Lansing)
- Small-Asset-Size Winner: Aeroquip Credit Union (Jackson)
Professional of the Year: This award celebrates an individual whose leadership and accomplishments have bettered their individual credit union, district/chapter and relationships within the statewide movement.
- Terry Katzur, ELGA Credit Union (Burton)
Young Professional of the Year: This award recognizes an up-and-coming professional with proven dedication and enthusiasm for the industry and their community.
- Kyle Gurzynksi, Safe Harbor Credit Union (Ludington)
MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award: This award recognizes an individual chapter for its outstanding achievements in advocacy, collaboration and teamwork on a statewide and national level.
- Mid-Michigan Chapter of Credit Unions
Innovation Award: This award recognizes credit unions for innovative thinking and community involvement.
- Large-Asset-Size Winner: Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union (Clinton Township)
- Medium-Asset-Size Winner: Michigan Legacy Credit Union (Wyandotte)
MCUF Award Winners
Excellence in Consumer Education: This award recognizes an individual or credit union for outstanding contributions and innovation in consumer financial education for members and within the community.
- Mark Munzenberger, University of Michigan Credit Union (Ann Arbor)
Credit Union Difference in a Crisis Award: This award recognizes outstanding response to the many COVID-19 challenges affecting Michigan families, businesses and communities.
- Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union (Clinton Township)
While we take the time to recognize our member credit unions several times throughout the year, there’s no question that their impact is felt every single day by the individuals, families and communities they serve.
MCUL and MCUF award winners will be formally honored at MCUL’s 2021 Annual Convention & Exposition in Traverse City, this August.
More details and information about the MCUL Awards can be found here.