Northland Awards $11,000 in Scholarships
Northland Area Federal Credit Union has awarded $11,000 in 2020 Jerry Erickson Educational scholarships to 11 outstanding member students pursuing higher education.
The scholarship program is named for Jerry Erickson, a retired volunteer, and Veteran who served the credit union for 46 years.
“It is especially meaningful to commemorate Jerry’s kindness, energy, and service to the community with a scholarship program in his name. On behalf of Northland we congratulate the outstanding 2020 scholarship awardees and wish all of them educational, professional, and personal success!” said Northland President/CEO Pete Dzuris.
These scholarships support one of Northland's goal of expanding access to education for student members in our local communities. Award recipients were chosen based on academic achievement, community service/involvement and essay content.
“Northland prides itself on not only helping our members but also giving back to our communities, so we asked student applicants to write an essay on how their major, degree or trade will contribute to their community. Their answers were impressive,” said Scholarship Coordinator Alane Taylor.
The awardees are as follows:
- Alexandra Frank, Siena Heights University
- Brooke Nowiski, Ferris State University
- Ethan Haire, University of MI – Ann Arbor
- Haley Jo Skarin, Alma College
- Jordyn Katterman, Saginaw Valley State University
- Nathan Alchin, Central MI University
- Olivia Rasch, Northwood University
- Sarah Rakoczy, Saginaw Valley State
- Tanner Trafelet, Oakland University
- Timothy Hanson, Saginaw Valley State University
- Trey Heliin, Grand Valley State University
The Scholarship Committee thanked all of this year’s applicants for taking the time to apply, and wished them future success.Go to main navigation