MCUL and MCUF Awards Honor Michigan Credit Unions and Professionals
This week, the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) announced winners of the 2019 Michigan Credit Union League Awards and the Michigan Credit Union Foundation (MCUF) Awards.
Collectively, the MCUL and MCUF Awards recognize credit unions, credit union professionals and credit union volunteers for exemplary efforts in areas including individual and organizational leadership, operational effectiveness, community service and financial education.
MCUL Award Winners
- Distinguished Service Award: Scott Pauly, Awakon Federal Credit Union (Onaway)
- Distinguished Service Award: Drew Egan, CU Solutions Group (Livonia)
- Outstanding Credit Unions of the Year:
- Large-asset size: Lake Michigan Credit Union (Grand Rapids)
- Mid-asset size: Marshall Community Credit Union (Marshall)
- Small-asset size: (Joint award) Torch Lake Federal Credit Union and Michigan Tech Employees Federal Credit Union (Laurium and Houghton)
- Credit Union Professional of the Year: Lisa Gray, Dow Chemical Employees Credit Union (Midland)
- Young Professional of the Year: Iovani Lopez, CASE Credit Union (Lansing)
- MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award: Downriver Chapter (Monroe, Washtenaw and Wayne Counties)
- Innovation Award: LAFCU Incredibles Program (Lansing)
MCUF Award Winners
- Award for Excellence in Consumer Education: Lori Hawk, ELGA Credit Union (Burton)
- Credit Union Community Volunteer Award: Judy McKinley, Northland Area Federal Credit Union (Oscoda)
These winners are continually seeking out new ideas and innovations that make our state a better place for our members and staff. They truly live by the standard of “People Helping People.” This year’s MCUL and MCUF Award winners are the embodiment of the credit union difference.
While we take the time to honor our member credit unions several times throughout the year, there’s no questions that their impact is felt every single day by the individuals, families and communities they serve.
MCUL and MCUF award winners will be formally honored at MCUL’s 2019 Annual Convention & Exposition in Detroit, this June.
More details and information about each award can be found here.
Go to main navigation