Annual MCUL Awards Breakfast Honors the Best of Michigan Credit Unions
DETROIT—The final day of the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) and CU Solutions Group’s (CUSG) Annual Convention & Exposition here kicked off with an awards breakfast that recognized the great work being done by Michigan credit unions and their employees.
This year’s event recognized innovation, volunteerism, community involvement, excellence in advocacy, a commitment to providing financial education for youth and much more. The event also featured music and entertainment by the Water Coolers, who performed a variety of popular songs—but modified for a credit union audience.
This year’s winners are as follows:
- Credit Union Professional of the Year: Scott McFarland, CEO of Honor CU
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year - $50 million - $400 million: Peninsula FCU
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year – $400 million or more: ELGA CU
- Chapter Effectiveness Award: Oakland County Chapter
- Young Professional of the Year: Katie Berry, Honor CU
- Youth Advocate of the Year: Brenda Huyck, SageLink CU
- Innovation Award – $400 million or more: LAFCU
- Innovation Award – $50 million - $400 million: Northland Area FCU
- Distinguished Service Award: Phil Matous, Total Community Credit Union (Retired)
As emcees, the Water Coolers also recognized Michigan credit unions who received CUNA awards.
For more information on this year’s winners and details on their accomplishments, click here.Go to main navigation