MCUF Funds Available to Boost Community Crisis Support Initiatives
There are many critical issues as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and credit unions can be helpful in providing relief solutions to address both immediate support needs and long-term economic challenges.
The Michigan Credit Union Foundation (MCUF) wants to support and amplify those credit union community outreach initiatives. And to do so, the MCUF board has authorized additional funding in 2020, with a streamlined application and approval process for quick and easy access to funds.
Requests for MCUF Community Crisis Support Funds will be quickly approved and funded to provide supplemental or matching funds for credit union community initiatives that support the financial health of families, businesses and communities in Michigan.
Funds are available to supplement initiatives and activities such as:
- Food distribution support to needy families, community groups or food banks
- Delivering meals from local businesses to essential workers, seniors, community support organizations
- Providing educational resources, tools or technology to increase educational access in low-income areas
- Distribution of essential health care products produced by local manufacturing facilities
- Match for credit union or member gift card purchase from local businesses to donate to frontline workers or food banks; gift cards can be purchased from the Support Local platform while staying in place
- Longer term support for the financial health challenges of families, businesses and communities
For more information and to apply, complete the MCUF Community Crisis Support Fund Request.Go to main navigation