CU Leaders Across the Nation Spread the Word with Media Appearances
Earlier this month, MCUL President/CEO Dave Adams was featured on FOX17’s morning news. He talked about how Michigan’s credit unions are maintaining high-quality member service during the current global pandemic.
You can watch the news feature here.
Along with Adams, credit union leaders from across the nation have recently appeared on local news to spread awareness of the work credit unions are doing to offer necessary relief.
TV and radio appearances in recent days include:
- Andrea Dose, director of member services at the Iowa Credit Union League, appeared on Radio Iowa March 25 and WHO-AM March 26;
- Scott Simpson, president/CEO of the Utah Credit Union League, was on Salt Lake City Cumulus radio stations March 25;
- Caroline Willard, president CEO of the Cornerstone Credit Union League, appeared on Ada, Okla.’s KNCP March 26;
- Ron McLean, president/CEO of the Cooperative Credit Union Association, appeared on Bosotn’s WWBX March 26;
- Geri LaChance, president/CEO of SESLOC FCU, appeared on San Luis Opispo Calif.’s KCBX March 27; and
- Jennifer Binkley, president/CEO of Altura CU, appeared on Riverside, Calif.’s KFRG March 27.
- Maryland & D.C. Credit Union Association President/CEO John Bratsakis on ABC7.
The following is a list of hardship programs that many credit unions around the country are offering their communities:
- Deferred loan payments
- Refinancing options on mortgages
- Waived fees for early CD withdrawals, overdrafts, phone payments, overdraft fees, etc.
- Skip-a-Pay programs on auto and home loans and credit cards
- Mortgage and home equity payment relief
- Emergency hardship loans (often for up to 24 months)
- Increased credit limits
- Extended due dates on collections
Find a list of Michigan-specific offerings here.Go to main navigation