Oakland County Chapter of Credit Unions to Host Annual Lansing Advocacy Day
The Oakland County Chapter of Credit Unions will host the Annual “Lansing Advocacy Day” on May 22, 2019.
This is your opportunity to:
- Lunch and network informally with Oakland County State Senators and Representatives.
- Learn about important issues affecting credit unions in our state legislature. An update by MCUL will take place on the bus.
- Provide a credit union perspective to our elected representatives.
- Meet and interact with fellow credit union leaders.
- Visit sessions in the Senate and House chambers.
The November election resulted in many changes to the Oakland County legislative districts. 13 out of 19 districts experienced a change. It is imperative with all these new legislators in office that we have a good turnout at our “Lansing Advocacy Day” in order to educate them on Credit Union issues while building relationships with these new Lansing leaders.
With many new lawmakers coming to the Capitol, there has never been a more crucial time for you to continue your support of Michigan’s credit union movement.
The Oakland County Chapter has chartered a bus to make the day as enjoyable and convenient as possible for all those who attend.