MCCU's CU In School Program Celebrates with Classroom Champions
In March, Marshall Community Credit Union’s (MCCU) CU In School program held a month long contest called “Battle of the Grades.” The contest ran from March 2 to March 30 at six of MCCU’s CU In School branches, including Gordon Elementary, Hughes Elementary, Mar Lee, Marshall Academy, Walters Elementary and Wattles Park Elementary.
The object of the contest was to see which elementary classroom could make the most deposits at their school’s CU In School branch.
In the end, a total of 558 deposits were made, totaling more than $3,390. Each winning classroom received an ice cream party put on by MCCU CU In School Youth Representatives Andrea Tucker and Janell Quinn, and the teacher of the winning classroom received a $50 Visa gift card.
The winning classrooms from each school are as follows:
- Mr. Rupp’s 3rd grade class at Gordon Elementary (16 deposits)
- Ms. Mead’s 5th grade class at Hughes Elementary (45 deposits)
- Ms. Rocco’s 3rd grade class at Mar Lee (20 deposits)
- Mr. Madelung’s 1st grade class at Marshall Academy (8 deposits)
- Mr. Miller’s 3rd grade class at Walters Elementary (24 deposits)
- Ms. Bartholomew’s 4th grade class at Wattles Park Elementary (25 deposits)