Join Us in D.C. and on Social Media for the 2018 CUNA GAC
On Feb. 25, the 2018 Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) begins. CUNA GAC gives credit union leaders the opportunity to engage with their lawmakers, advocate for credit union-friendly legislation and stay up to date on governmental issues surrounding the industry.
If you are attending the conference in Washington, D.C., be sure to attend the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) Welcome Reception on Feb. 25 and the MCUL Lawmaker and Staffer of the Year Reception on Feb. 27.
Remember to refer to your Michigan-specific CUNA GAC booklet, provided by MCUL, for background and talking points on the following issues of emphasis:
- Supporting common sense regulatory reform
- Protecting the credit union not-for-profit tax status
- Data security reform
- Modernizing the Federal Credit Union Act
If you won’t be attending the conference in-person, there’s still ample opportunity to stay connected with conference happenings. Facebook LIVE is returning to CUNA GAC so you can experience the conference from anywhere, on any Facebook-friendly device. The live stream will allow users to engage with the event in real-time by submitting comments and questions to the feed.
The following sessions will be livestreamed for remote participants:
- Monday, Feb. 26 at 9:30 a.m. EST: CUNA President/CEO Jim Nussle’s opening address from the main stage
- Tuesday, Feb. 27 at 9:45 a.m. EST: CUNA’s Credit Union Awareness Initiative presentation
Participants engaging with the conference on social media should make sure to use the official conference hashtag, #CUNAGAC. For Hike the Hill meetings, also use #CommonSenseReg. This helps start and sustain conversations throughout the conference between participants and credit union professionals following along from home.
Some tips to make the most of your social media at CUNA GAC:
- Post insights throughout the day from main stage speakers and breakout sessions
- Ask your Senators to “Vote Yes on S2155”
- Take pictures with your lawmakers after Hill visits. Be sure to tag your lawmakers and thank them for a productive meeting!
- Take short videos to show the conference through your eyes, in real time.
- Use Snapchat at the Washington Convention Center and House and Senate buildings. Snap your photo, then swipe left for the Campaign for Common-Sense Regulation “Vote Yes on S2155” geofilter. Send your snaps to CUNAsnaps and add them to your story! If you haven't used Snapchat, here’s an easy how-to tutorial.
- Selfies are highly encouraged!
Below are CUNA and MCUL’s social media handles to follow and stay connected throughout the conference. We’re excited to see CUNA GAC through your eyes!
CUNA Social Media
LinkedIn: Credit Union National Association
MCUL Social Media