CUES Michigan Council Providing Scholarships
The CUES Michigan Council is dedicated to providing credit union professionals with educational programs and networking opportunities designed to enhance their leadership skills.
To aid in achieving our mission, the CUES Michigan Council is pleased to provide scholarships of $1,000.00 and The Dave Adams Advocacy Award for $2,000 for eligible CUES Institutes and Schools, which will assist its members in their continued pursuit of knowledge, training and leadership development. If you are interested in applying for a college scholarship, you must be:
- An active Michigan CUES member
- A full-time paid credit union staff member
- Committed to attending the entire 2- or 3-year Institute curriculum and completing the two action learning assignments
The scholarship guidelines for Institutes/Schools are as follows:
CUES Michigan Council scholarships of $1,000 and The Dorothy Nouhan Humanitarian Award of $1,500 are awarded to:
- The child or grandchild of an employee or official family member of a Michigan Council member’s credit union; or an employee or employee’s spouse of a Michigan Council member’s credit union.
- Council Directors and their families may not receive a scholarship award.
- Applications are evaluated with equal emphasis on academic achievement, community service, and essay content.
- Applicants must be full-time high school or college students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Awards are payable to the student.
- The applicant must be a credit union member.