Please Choose to Support MCUF in 2024 on League Affiliation Statements
MCUF is experiencing an exciting year of supporting credit union community enrichment and financial well-being impact, and also supporting young credit union professional development. Thanks to all of the credit unions that have helped – both with donations and by participating in MCUF activities for a bigger collective impact together.
So far this year 81 Michigan credit unions have received funding from or been involved in MCUF programs and initiatives; that is 42% of our credit unions in the state!
Some of the highlights of MCUF impact this year include:
- 14 Community Enrichment Grants, and 21 CU Kind Day Grants;
- 99 Financial Reality Fairs, preparing 12,906 teens for financial independence;
- Educating 38,660 youth and teens statewide with credit union-sponsored programs including the Smart Money Kids Read program, the $mart Path program, and the High School Personal Finance Challenge;
- Training assistance for 135 new certified credit union financial counselors and 85 attendees at the MCUF Financial Health Workshop; and
- Supporting credit union employee development with funding for our Young Professional (YP) groups, 25 YP scholarships to the AC&E, and 11 new CEO scholarships.
This impact has all been possible only with the help of our cooperative financial donors which included 63% of Michigan credit unions this year – we are looking to increase that donor participation rate. If your credit union believes that the mission and activities of the Foundation are important, please choose to support the MCUF in 2024 by selecting this option on your League affiliation statement which you have recently received. Although a suggested donation amount is shown on the invoice based on your asset size; please know that donations of any amount are helpful and show your support for the mission and work of the MCUF. We also encourage your credit union to participate in foundation impact programs next year. Feel free to contact Beth Troost or Andrea Tucker for information about foundation programs or visit MCUF.MCUL.org.
With your involvement, we are making a bigger credit union difference together in Michigan.