Five Michigan CUs Named Best to Work For in 2023
American Banker released its annual list of Best Credit Unions to Work For, featuring 70 national credit unions. Of those 70, five are Michigan credit unions.
The winners were selected through two different surveys with the help of Best Companies Group. The first survey examines employee satisfaction and covers eight areas, including leadership and planning, corporate culture and communication and overall engagement. An institution needed at least a 40% participation rate in the survey, and on average at least 80% of respondents had to answer "agree strongly" or "agree somewhat" across the different topics.
The full 2023 Best Credit Unions to Work For list was featured here.
The five Michigan credit unions named are: Astera Credit Union, Consumers Credit Union, Members First Credit Union, Michigan First Credit Union, MSU Federal Credit Union and University of Michigan Credit Union.
The piece cited the following unusual workplace benefits:
- Astera Credit Union: welcome luncheon with the CEO
- Consumers Credit Union: emphasis placed on personal wellbeing and holistic training
- Members First Credit Union: fun March Madness-related games
- Michigan First Credit Union: onsite 24-hour fitness center
- MSU Federal Credit Union: additional compensation for bilingual employees
- University of Michigan Credit Union: student employee repayment plan
For more information on the Best Credit Unions to Work For program, visit here.