MCUF Welcomes Expanded Board Leadership
Within the last year, MCUF Board of Director positions were expanded from seven to 11 members to provide additional leadership representation from all credit unions in Michigan, geographically and across asset sizes. In addition, a new young professional board seat was added.
Seven board seats were up for election this year and on Aug. 1, four new board members were elected and three current board members were re-elected to new terms.
Michigan Credit Union Foundation’s board members help lead Michigan credit union’s philanthropic arm and guide MCUF in its mission of empowering credit unions to increase financial wellbeing in Michigan.
“We were very impressed at the amount of interest in MCUF board leadership; this year we received self-nominations from 14 passionate, committed, and thoughtful candidates for our newly expanded Board of Directors,” said MCUF Executive Director Beth Troost. “All MCUF board members are experienced, involved and interested in areas that mirror the work and the mission of the Foundation and we are thrilled to have their participation and vision.”
Newly Elected MCUF Board Seats:
- District III (Blue Ox and Mid-Michigan Chapters) for a two-year term. New Board Member Bridget Staffilino from Jolt Credit Union was elected.
- District IV (Upper Peninsula Chapter) for a two-year term. Current MCUF Board Director Brenda Lippens from Embers Credit Union was re-elected to this seat.
- District V (Flint and Capital Area Chapters) for a two-year term. Current MCUF Board Director Dave Brandt from ELGA Credit Union was re-elected to this seat.
- District VI (Metro East and Oakland County Chapters) for a two-year term. New Board Member Jennifer Martines from FreeStar Financial Credit Union was elected.
- District VII (Metro West Chapter) for a one-year term. New Board Member Tansley Stearns from Community Financial Credit Union was elected.
- Large Asset Size at-large (above $136,155,805 in assets) for a two-year term. Current MCUF Board Director Debi Southworth from OMNI Community Credit Union was re-elected to this seat.
- Small Asset Size at-large (at or below $136,155,805 in assets) for a one-year term. New board member Jennifer Watson from Limestone Federal Credit Union was elected.
The above new board members join these current board members who are serving terms that did not expire this year:
- District I: Chrissy Siders, TRUE Community Credit Union (current MCUF board secretary/treasurer)
- District II: Kyle Gurzynski, Filer Credit Union (current MCUF board president)
- MCUF Young Professional Board Member: Casey Clark, Advia Credit Union
- MCUL Board Designee: Kieran Marion, MCUL
MCUF initiatives help Michigan families, businesses and communities across the state feel the credit union difference. These include community enrichment grants, financial education and counseling programs and credit union young professional support.