Each year, the Michigan Credit Union League and Michigan Credit Union Foundation recognize individuals and credit unions that are making significant contributions to our industry. We have compiled the various awards in this easy-to-use online submission format.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 MCUL and MCUF Awards:
- Credit Union Professional of the Year: Denise Fox, CEO, Education Plus CU
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year: Frankenmuth CU
- Distinguished Service Award: Hank Hubbard, CEO, Communicating Arts CU
- MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award: Blue Ox Chapter
- Young Professional of the Year: Nick Montie, CEO, Thunder Bay Area CU
- Credit Union Youth Advocate of the Year: Sheryl Hogle, Harborlight CU
- Excellence in Consumer Education: Kathy Cypher, Frankenmuth CU
- MCUF Credit Union Community Volunteer Award: Heather Luciani, Marshall Community Credit Union
- MCUF International Credit Union Development Award: Frankenmuth Credit Union
A summary of the outstanding activity for each award winner can be viewed here.
All MCUL nominations submitted will be reviewed by the MCUL Awards Committee, comprised of representatives from several MCUL member organizations with a focus on credit union and community improvement. This diverse group proposes the winner to the MCUL Board of Directors to be ratified on the basis of the nominations and supporting information received.
All MCUF nominations submitted will be reviewed by the MCUL Awards Committee. The MCUF Trustees select a winner.
Any nomination submitted may be featured in various MCUL and MCUF materials to demonstrate how credit unions and their leaders benefit their communities. Submission of a nomination indicates approval for the MCUL and MCUF to use the nomination materials in its publications and advocacy efforts.
Award winners will be notified confidentially. A public award presentation will be held during the 2015 AC&E in June.
Contact Beth Troost via email at Beth.Troost@mcul.org or phone at (800) 262-6285, ext. 453, if you have additional questions or to obtain more detailed information.