Youth Advocate of the Year Award
The Youth Advocate of the Year Award recipient is an individual who has been exceptionally active in promoting the importance of financial literacy to young people over the past year. This person makes every effort to improve the quality of life of others through teaching and mentoring.
This individual has demonstrated a yearlong effort to affect positive change for their credit union and their community.
(One award winner per year)
The Youth Advocate of the Year Award is presented for achievement in leadership, mentoring, advocacy and service. Distinction in these categories can be demonstrated through:
- A member of the staff or a volunteer
- Supports youth financial literacy efforts
- Promotes/teaches youth financial education
- Promotes/develops cooperative youth resources
- Measurable impact to the staff and community as a whole
- Regarded as dedicated financial activist
- Nomination letter and letters of recommendation
- NOMINATION LETTER: A nomination letter must describe and elaborate in detail upon how the award criteria were met
- LETTERS OF SUPPORT: A minimum of 2, maximum of 5, letters of support must be sent and are expected to address the author’s first-hand knowledge of the nominee with relation to all of the award criteria