CFPB Mortgage Compliance Center
To assist credit unions with understanding and implementing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)’s mortgage rules, the Michigan Credit Union League has developed the Mortgage Compliance Center resource page. This page provides a summary of and links to the resources created by the MCUL as well as by the CFPB, in a “one stop shop” experience. The MCUL will continue to update this page as new materials are created, and to keep up with the changing regulatory environment.
The CFPB’s 2013 Mortgage Rule Implementation Page aggregates all of the tools the CFPB has put together to help credit unions comply with the mortgage rules. Additional resources are also included separately under each applicable mortgage rule.
Fee-based compliance consultants are also available through CU Solutions Group that can provide your credit union with individualized assistance on the implementation. For more details or to learn more about how they can help and to request a quote contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through our Education Department, many of our leadership events this past year have included sessions that addressed the CFPB Mortgage Rules. See the training materials below.
Spring Leadership & Development Topics
Compliance A to Z
- Regulatory Update 1 – CFPB and NCUA Rules - Leduc / Wolbert
- Regulatory Update 2 – CFPB Rules and Recently Effective Regulations - Leduc / Wolbert
- CFPB 1: Mortgage Costs, Underwriting & HMDA requirements – Rutkowski
- CFPB 2: Civil Investigative Demands, Credit Card Fees & Prepaid Rules - Rutkowski
- CFPB 3: MLO Rules, Escrow Accounts & Mortgage Servicing Rules – Rutkowski
- CFPB 4: Appraisal Rules, TILA/RESPA & Disclosure, Vendor Regulation – Rutkowski
- CFPB 5: Overdraft Services Update, Remittance Transfers and Payday Lending
- What to Know About New CFPB Requirements – Rutkowski