Chapter Effectiveness Award
The Chapter Effectiveness Award recognizes an individual chapter for its outstanding achievements in advocacy to influence action and support for the credit union movement. This chapter illustrates the importance of advocacy, collaboration and teamwork. They are removing barriers, not only for their chapter, but also on a statewide and national level. This chapter reflects the importance of grassroots organization and the goals achieved by working together.
This chapter has demonstrated a yearlong effort to affect positive change for their region, their state and the credit union movement.
(One award winner per year)
The Chapter Effectiveness Award is presented for achievement in leadership, mentoring, advocacy and collaboration. Distinction in these categories can be demonstrated through:
- Supporting the next generation of credit union leaders through education, training and mentoring activities, as well as encouraging participation on the chapter executive committee
- Measurable impact to the chapter and movement as a whole
- Supporting key legislative initiatives such as: PAC fundraising, legislative events, etc.
- Supports Michigan Credit Union Foundation
- Supporting key cooperative initiatives such as: CU Link, CMS support, etc.
- Consistent record of teamwork through multi-chapter functions
- Nomination letter and letters of recommendation
- NOMINATION LETTER: A nomination letter must describe and elaborate in detail upon how the award criteria were met
- LETTERS OF SUPPORT: A minimum of 2, maximum of 5, letters of support must be sent and are expected to address the author’s first-hand knowledge of the nominee with relation to all of the award criteria