Michigan Credit Unions
COVID-19 Support Programs
During COVID-19, Michigan credit unions are taking preventative actions to limit the spread of the virus and are prepared to adapt as conditions continue to change.
The Michigan credit union community encourages consumers to take advantage of all remote banking services, including mobile apps and deposits, online banking and bill payment and ATMs and Video Teller Machines.
Additionally, the Small Business Administration announced that they will provide small businesses impacted by COVID-19 up to $2 Million in disaster assistance loans. Find out more here.
The following is a list of Michigan credit unions, their available options and any other offerings during the pandemic. This page will be updated as changes occur. If your credit union has a special offer to add, please email us.
Also, to assist the MCUL and CUNA in understanding your great efforts, we ask you to complete this short CUNA Survey once you have determined the support measures you are planning on offering your membership.
The following is a list of Michigan credit unions and their special offerings during the pandemic.
- 90 days with no payment when refinancing any consumer loan
- Waived fees
- Skip-a-Pay on loans and credit cards
- Mortgage and home equity relief
- Fixed solutions loan - up to $3,000 with 0% APR
Skip your loan payments – over the next few month you can skip up to 2 loan payments. The fees will be waived, and you must access through our online/mobile banking applications.
We are making available 0% hardship loans to help bridge the financial gap you may be experiencing at this time. – up to $2,500 for 12 months, 1st payment due in 90 days.
Our 0% VISA program has been expanded to include all of our consumer accounts and you can take advantage it now. – 0% is for 6 months
- Up to 90-day deferment on any existing loan or credit card payment for those affected by COVID-19.
- 0.00% interest loan up to $2,500 for 24 months for those affected by COVID-19.
If COVID-19 is impacting you personally, they are here to help. Member Solutions staff can be reached at 586.772.6330.
- If you are having financial hardship or difficulty making loan payments, please reach out at 1.800.835.7794
- 60-day extension/skip-a-pay programs
- Waiving money order and corporate draft fees
- Waiving check cashing fees
- Adjusting maximum limits on debit cards and ATM cards upon request
- Available esignature package to complete loans outside of office
Resuming monthly drawings (based on season) for members
- If your daily routine has changed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) or if you’ve been impacted by the virus and need financial assistance, please contact them.
- They have programs available to assist such as short-term loans, loan skip-a-payment, and other options you may qualify for.
- If you encounter hardships as a result of the coronavirus, please call 616.532.9067.
- Skip-a-Pay. They are currently waiving the fee for this service.
- You can activate the Skip-a-Pay feature within It’sMe24/7 or by contacting the credit union directly.
COVID-19 Relief Loan to help with financial hardships due to time off from work, unforeseen child care or whatever else may be making life a little more stressful. Rates are based on length of the loan, not credit score.
- Please call or text 989-497-1600 to speak with them about your options.
- Relief Loans - Term: 24 Months | Loan Maximum: $2,500 | 90 days until first payment | Rate: 0%
- Free skip-a-pay
- Returned late fees on all loan types
- Waived feed for early CD withdrawls or Savings and Checking transfers
- Contact them for additonal offerings
- Skip-a-Pay programs
- Here 2 Help loan
- Waived fees
- Mortgage and home equity payment relief
- Business loan relief
- 90-day no payments
- FAQs and Answers for members
- Links to member communications
- Personal loan - 3% APR (flexible loan terms up to 36 months, no application fee); 90 days, no payments
- Free skip-a-pays until May 31
- Member Solutions extending due dates under certain criteria
- Credit Card due dates extended under certain criteria
Free skip-a-pay for consumer loans (excludes real-estate and credit card loans)
1.99% relief loan (3 weeks net pay for existing members encountering employment issues related to the outbreak and credit qualified)
Automatic increase of visa limits by $500 for those with 12 months on time LMCU Visa history (no application required)
In consideration and support of their member's financial well being, MCCU is waiving ALL Skip-A-Pay fees, until May 1, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact their offices at 269.781.9885
- 90-Day Loan Payment Deferment Program (auto loans, personal loans, credit cards, mortgages)
- All drive thrus open during business hours
- For additional help, questions, or to set up an appointment, call 855.835.6328
Programs available to assist affected members such as short-term loans, loan skip-a-payment programs, and other options.
Call Center: 517-333-2424 or 800-678-4968
- MSGCU is supporting members with programs such as short-term loans, loan skip-a-pay, and suspension of many fees.
- Branch drive-thru lanes, call center, online chat and online/mobile banking remain available to service members
- If you are personally impacted and having a challenge making your loan payment, we encourage you to contact us so we can help you explore all options available.
- Our support staff is here to help you at (248) 549-3838. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete list of contact numbers and emails are available at https://www.ourcuonline.org/contact-us.
- 12-month loan with 0% APR and no payments for 90 days
- Two-year loan with 2% APR and no payments for 90 days
- Contact the Customer Care department for assistance at (248) 263-4100.
- Skip-a-Pay for eligible loans
- No interest loans for employees
- Waived fees for early CD withdrawals
- Providing loan extensions and modifications to those affected
- Relief loans available
- Currently offering a Skip-Payment Program and waiving the fee for all members, including business members.
- Please contact the Service Center team by calling or texting 231.946.7090 to learn more.
- Skip-a-Pay program
- Credit limit increase to members who are current UMCU Visa credit card holders
- Save money with a low rate Visa Platinum Optimum starting at just 8.99% APR or earn cash back monthly on all purchases with a Visa Platinum Cash Rewards credit card starting at just 12.99% APR
- Take advantage of an auto loan with rates starting as low as 1.99% APR
- Enjoy a low rate recreational vehicle loan starting as low as 3.99% APR
- Use the equity in your home to consolidate debt, pay for educational expenses and more with no closing costs on a home equity line of credit
- Quickly and easily apply for any offers through UMCU’s mobile banking app, online banking or by calling 800-968-8628.
We have set up a COVID-19 resource page to provide credit union specific resources and guidance, state and local resources and updated information on our events.Go to main navigation