Charge: To support the MCUL Board and MCUF Trustees by identifying, highlighting, and recommending credit union community reinvestment initiatives, financial education, and other noteworthy activities and good works for nomination for CUNA awards and the following MCUL/MCUF awards categories: Distinguished Service Award, Outstanding Credit Union of the Year, Credit Union Professional of the Year, Young Professional of the Year, Credit Union Youth Advocate of the Year, MCUL Chapter Effectiveness, Innovation Award, Award for Excellence in Consumer Education, and Credit Union Community Volunteer.
- Staff Liaison: Rick Weaver
- Chair: Scott Pauly, CEO, Awaken Federal Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Vickie Schmitzer, CEO, Frankenmuth Credit Union
CU Difference Committee
Charge: To provide MCUL staff feedback on the annual cooperative advertising campaign, including overall campaign strategy and creative development through the planning, launch, implementation, and ongoing tracking. Assist MCUL efforts to coordinate credit union campaign engagement through chapter involvement.
- Staff Liaison: Patty Corkery
- Chair: Jim Veneskey, President/CEO, Peninsula FCU
- Vice Chair: Megan White, Brand Identity Designer, Christian Financial
Education Needs Committee
Charge: Make strategic recommendations that guide the future direction of educational offerings from MCUL & Affiliates, including the Annual Convention and Exposition, leadership conferences, Executive Summit, Government Affairs Conference and other training events. Provide feedback and insights on curriculum, delivery of education and networking to maximize participation from employees and volunteers from all sizes of credit unions, and provide educational opportunities and resources that meet important long-term needs of the credit union community.
- Staff Liaison: Renee Werth, Janet Ormsby
- Chair: John Rupert, CEO, Muskegon Co-op Federal Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Brenda Lippens, President, Embers CU
Government and Political Affairs Forum Executive Committee
This committee is done by appointment only.
Charge: The purpose of the Forum is to advance the grassroots lobbying and political action efforts of the Michigan credit union community through chapters of the Michigan Credit Union League. The Forum shall be a branch of, and a subordinate organization to, the Michigan Credit Union League. The forum will accomplish its charge as follows: by maintaining awareness of legislative, grassroots and political action and reporting on advocacy functions to chapter meetings; becoming familiar with credit union issues and building relationships with state and federal lawmakers; increasing awareness of political fundraising programs throughout the chapters; providing feedback to the board of trustees of the state and federal PAC; and providing a means by which affiliated credit unions can participate in the grassroots and legislative advocacy efforts, and political action functions of the Michigan Credit Union League.
- Staff Liaison: Kieran Marion and Patty Corkery
- Chair: Patty Campbell, President/CEO, Christian Financial Federal Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Heather Luciani, CEO, Marshall Community Credit Union
State and Federal Issues Committee
Charge: Provide feedback to the Government and Political Affairs Forum and MCUL staff on legislative and regulatory issues affecting both state and federal credit unions. In an advisory capacity, members of this committee are also tasked with identifying emerging state and federal issues, and discussing whether these issues should be added to the MCUL’s annual legislative and regulatory agendas. Members will often be asked to survey staff within their credit union for detailed feedback on legislative and regulatory proposals.
- Staff Liaisons: Kieran Marion and Sarah Stevenson
- State Co-Chair: Stephen Dedene, VP of Compliance and Risk Management, Credit Union ONE
- Federal Co-Chair: Bridget Staffelino, VP of Community Relations, Catholic Federal Credit Union