Fundraising for the 2014 CU Link campaign has begun. Full share requests for 2014 were included on the Credit Union System invoice mailed in late December 2013.
MCUL hopes to continue the success from last year where Michigan’s credit unions contributed a record $1,095,000 for the campaign. With matching and other funds, campaign media budget was nearly $2,400,000. Your contribution is essential to ensure credit unions remain their advantage over banks in terms of financial institution consideration for new account openings.
The 2014 campaign introduces a new creative concept dubbed “Realizations” that leverages our strategic platform of Own Your Money and key messages from 2013.
This new concept capitalizes on the moment it hits consumers that it’s time to do something about their money— to make a positive change. It tells stories of people and their realizations about money, and how they can do better, pay less and keep more by joining a Michigan credit union.
In late summer, MCUL tested this concept and two others with both credit union members and non-members in southeast Michigan and Grand Rapids and was best received with both target audiences and approved to move forward.
In addition to TV, radio, and billboards, here’s what credit unions can expect for 2014:
Filming of 2014 CU Link commercial
- Media plan that continues to reach younger demographic through such tactics as:
- Pandora, YouTube and other video outlets
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Mobile Marketing
- Culinkmichigan.com website that is responsive for all devices to provide a better user experience
- Opportunity for credit unions to integrate in unique and creative ways and clearer integration guidelines
- CU Link Marketing Integration Guidelines 2013
- Continue to use the “Own Your Money” tour to reach Gen Y and attract local media
- Look for additional ways to supplement individual CU marketing plans to reach Gen Y
Our goal is to launch the 2014 campaign in April. If you would like more information, please visit www.culinkmichigan.com, or contact us at email@example.com.
For committee membership, committee meeting schedule and DMA map, click here.