Donate to the Michigan Credit Union Foundation
Cooperatively Helping Credit Unions Thrive and Serve Michigan Communities Through Financial Education, Community Reinvestment, and Professional Development Support
Goal: Widespread Involvement and Impact
MCUF strives to raise and provide $100,000 funding for credit union community outreach and employee professional development.
MCUF aims to involve all Michigan credit unions and chapters in the foundation, both as beneficiaries of funding and as financial supporters. Donations are also encouraged from individuals and credit union partner organizations.
A special donation to the MCUF as an honorarium is a great way to acknowledge a credit union employee or volunteer or to commemorate a promotion, years of service, or retirement. These donations will be acknowledged with a certificate announcing your gift to the honoree.
Your contribution may be designated to support one of the funds that make up the MCUF:
- The General Fund provides grants for community outreach and scholarships for employee educational development.
- The Ebaugh-Lesnieski Memorial Scholarship Fund provides a scholarship for deserving first, second or third-year CUNA Management School student.
- The Vanderveen Memorial Fund provides a scholarship to a deserving first-year CUNA Management School student.
- The Woodman-Wilde Fund provides a $5,000 scholarship to a Michigan college student named by the Credit Union Community Volunteer recipient.
Invest in the Community Investment Fund
Another option for donations is to invest in the Community Investment Fund (CIF). When a credit union invests in CIF, a portion of the return is donated to the MCUF. See the links below for more information.
- Community Investment Fund Website
- Community Investment Fund Information Sheet
- Community Investment Fund Donation Form