Now is the time to start planning for your 2015 CU Link cooperative advertising contribution
. Every dollar is important and helps to build awareness of credit unions in your own communities.
To help your credit union plan your participation level, contribution requests for 2015 were mailed to CEOs the week of Oct 20. We hop you will include this request as part of your budget, as well as consider ways your credit union can integrate with the CU Link message. Here’s what you need to know about the 2015 campaign:
- Creative Stays the Same: Our creative from 2014, which had broad positive reception, carries over into 2015. For more details on creative, see below.
- MCUL & Affiliates Continues Commitment: MCUL & Affiliates is again committing $286,000 to the campaign, and providing additional matching funds up to $1 million.
- Marketing Integration Returns: Our goal is to launch the campaign in March so full share credit unions have more time to plan and take advantage of the marketing integration reimbursement which returns for a fourth consecutive year. In 2015, full share credit unions will receive 50 percent of their contributions back to use for integrated marketing projects.
Your contribution is matched by up to $1 million in matching funds, and stays in your media market. Your contribution is essential to ensure that media tactics in your DMA are fully funded. Contributors will have:
- A listing on our credit union search results at culinkmichigan.com, with a profile page to introduce your credit union to prospective members
- Access to CU Link collateral materials, like branch merchandising and digital files, to leverage the campaign
- An opportunity to take advantage of the marketing reimbursement incentive, if contributing at the full share level. The reimbursements allow credit unions to get 50 percent of their contribution back for marketing tactics that complement the CU Link campaign
Contact your League Representative if you have questions about your DMA request. Thank you for your consideration of this important funding request.
Highlights from the 2014 Campaign included:
- New consumer-tested creative
- 60% participation rate
- Record $1.11 million contributed by credit unions
- Media budget of almost $2.5 million
- Expanded digital focus to reach the under 35 target audience
Click here for the 2014 Campaign Guide
This year’s media buy totals $2.4 million when you include the $286,000 MCUL contribution and the $1 million in matching funds from CU Solutions Group.
Click here for an overview of participation, contributions and media funding by DMA
Click here for the 2014 Media Plan
Click here for a listing of digital billboard location
Click here for a listing of radio stations by county
Click here for integration guidelines
Click here to order more CU Link materials for your branches.
A new creative concept dubbed “Realizations” has been developed for 2014 that leverages our strategic platform of Own Your Money and key messages from 2013. This new concept capitalizes on the moment it hits consumers that it’s time to do something about their money— to make a positive change. It tells stories of people and their realizations about money, and how they can do better, pay less and keep more by joining a Michigan credit union.
Click here to watch the two new TV spots
Click here to listen to our new radio spots
Click below to view digital ads (requires flash and will not work on iPhone/iPads)
- Fee-Free ATMs
- Credit Cards
- Share of Wallet
Click here to view our digital billboards
The Culinkmichigan.com web site is being retooled to be responsive for all devices. This will provide a better user experience for site visitors based on the type of device they are using—including the CU Finder search results and the individual credit union profile pages available to participating credit unions. The CU Finder will also give the user with a GPS-enabled device to use their current location to find a credit union.
For committee membership, committee meeting schedule and DMA map, click here