Charge: Highlight credit union community reinvestment initiatives, financial education and other commendable activities through the MCUL and CUNA awards.
- Staff Liaisons: Nick Olexa
- Chair: Dean Trudeau, President & CEO, Public Service Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Hank Hubbard, CEO, One Detroit Credit Union
CU Difference Committee
Charge: To act as the voice for the credit union community and promote the credit union difference through the cooperative advertising campaign and the development of credit union champions and media spokespeople.
- Staff Liaison: Nick Olexa
- Chair: Lisa Fawcett, Vice President of Marketing, Zeal Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Carrie Susemihl, Marketing Manager, KALSEE Credit Union
Education Needs Committee
Charge: Make recommendations to the MCUL CEO and/or the MCUL Board of Directors regarding specific strategies and topics for major MCUL education events including the Annual Convention & Exposition (AC&E), leadership conferences, Executive Summit, MCUL GAC and online education resources. Maximize participation and provide educational events and resources that meet important needs of the credit union community.
- Staff Liaison: Renee Werth
- Chair: Teri Papiersky, CEO, South Central Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Frances Terry, Manager, Country Heritage Credit Union
Government and Political Affairs Forum Executive Committee
This committee is done by appointment only.
Charge: Advise and provide policy recommendations to the MCUL President/CEO and/or MCUL Board of Directors regarding legislative and regulatory issues affecting the credit union movement; and provide a means by which affiliated credit unions can participate in grassroots legislative advocacy and political action functions of the League.
- Staff Liaison: Jordan Kingdon
- Chair: Patty Campbell, President & CEO, Christian Financial Federal Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Mike Newman, CEO, Monroe County Community Credit Union
State and Federal Issues Committee
Charge: Provide direction to the Government and Political Affairs Forum and MCUL staff on legislative and regulatory issues affecting both state and federal credit unions.
- Staff Liaisons: Jordan Kingdon
- State Co-Chair: Lisa Grey, Director of Compliance and Risk Management, Dow Chemical Employees' Credit Union
- Federal Co-Chair: Mike Palumbo, Chairman of the Board, Northland Area Federal Credit Union