- Michigan Credit Unions Shine During National Financial Literacy Month
While active in financial literacy all year-round, the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates and member credit unions have unveiled a roster of activities in local communities across the state geared toward celebrating National Financial Literacy Month in April.
- Credit Union Auto Club is Newest Invest in America Partner
CU Solutions Group is pleased to introduce Credit Union Auto Club, the newest program in its credit union membership enhancement program Invest in America.
- Michigan Credit Unions Ramp Up Lending in 2012
Consumers continue to turn to credit unions in record numbers for all their financial needs, making 2012 a banner year for the industry. The record-setting results were buoyed by strong demand for auto loans, mortgages, student loans, and business loans, the Michigan Credit Union League said today as it announced year-end results for 2012 in an analysis of data from the National Credit Union Administration.
- Michigan Credit Union Members Save $43 Million with Save to Win
LANSING – What’s even better than saving money? Winning money for saving money! That’s exactly the case for 10 lucky credit union members across the state. This week the 10 grand prize winners of the Save to Win program will each receive a $10,000 check delivered by the Prize Squad during the “Week of Winning” statewide tour.
- Credit Union Member Rewards Program, General Motors Reach Landmark of 500,000 Vehicles Sold
In four short years, the Michigan-based Invest in America credit union member rewards program, which provides valuable savings on a wide range of products and services from business partners including General Motors Co., has reached an impressive milestone: the sale of 500,000 American-made vehicles through the program.
- Michigan Credit Unions Gain Market Share, Ramp Up Lending in Q3, while Membership Reaches New High
LANSING –As the economy continues to improve, credit unions are increasingly becoming the service providers of choice for Michigan consumers when it comes to all their financial needs, according to an analysis of third quarter data by the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates (MCUL).
- One Year after “Bank Transfer Day,” Michigan Credit Unions Continue to See Strong Growth in New Memb
In the year since consumers were urged to move their money from big banks to credit unions on “Bank Transfer Day” (Nov. 5, 2011), credit unions in Michigan have seen an extraordinary surge in the number of new members.
- Michigan Credit Union League Endorses Peters, Bentivolio for Congress
The Michigan Credit Union League is pleased to announce its endorsement of incumbent Congressman Gary Peters for the 9th House District covering most of Oakland County and Kerry Bentivolio, candidate for the 11th congressional House District covering northwestern Wayne County and southwestern Oakland County.
- Michigan League Successfully Advocates for Groundbreaking New Business Investing Authority for CUSOs
In a landmark move for the credit union industry, the Michigan Commissioner of Financial and Insurance Regulation has signed an order authorizing credit union service organizations (CUSOs) to provide small business equity investments to Michigan credit unions and their members.
- Cadillac School Employee Solves Puzzle, Wins Credit Union Facebook Contest (8/23/12)
A Cadillac woman is the winner of the first Facebook contest held in conjunction with a statewide effort to raise awareness about credit unions, and she will receive a $700 prize today, Thursday, Aug. 23, at 1 p.m. at Wexford Community Credit Union’s Lake City Branch, for her winning response.
- MI Credit Union Membership Hits Record 4.5 Million (6/4/12)
More than 4.5 million people are now members of Michigan credit unions, setting a new record, according to 2012 first quarter data just released by the National Credit Union Administration. Statewide, credit unions also reported record checking account balances at the end of the first quarter of 2012 aided by near-record quarterly balance growth and new checking accounts.
- MI Credit Unions Launch Largest-Ever Cooperative Advertising Campaign (5/22/12)
The Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates and Michigan credit unions rolled out their largest, most ambitious cooperative advertising campaign to date with the theme “Own Your Money,” along with a new website that brings the power of credit unions together under a unified brand, CU Link. The destination site, www.creditunionlink.org, highlights core messages associated with credit unions’ lower loan rates, lower fees, superior credit card value, and convenient 28,000 surcharge-free ATM network.
- MI Credit Unions Help Lead Fight against Kidney Disease (5/22/12)
Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates and Michigan credit unions once again stepped up for the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan as the second largest sponsor of the 2012 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak, which took place on Sunday, May 20.
- MCUL CEO Wins Nationwide and State Small Business Award (4/5/12)
The U.S. Small Business Administration has recognized David Adams, President and CEO of the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates, as the 2012 National Financial Services Champion for his advocacy and work to increase small business lending at a time when access to capital is a national challenge. This marks the first time in recent memory that a credit union representative has been honored as a financial services champion for small businesses.
- MI Credit Unions Urge Senate to Support Small Businesses, Increase CU Lending (3/28/12)
Michigan credit unions today urged Michigan’s Sens. Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow and their colleagues in the U.S. Senate to take quick action in support of a proposal that will strengthen small businesses, jumpstart local economies and create local jobs.
- MI Credit Unions' Strong Performance in 2011 Points to Improving Economy (3/7/12)
Strong improvement across several key industry indicators demonstrate that the state’s economy continues its turnaround, with Michigan credit unions providing solid support for local businesses and consumers, the Michigan Credit Union League said today as it announced year-end results for 2011.
- Lansing Credit Union Member Wins $100,000 Savings Prize (2/23/12)
For Lee Preston, the call from his local credit union came as a surprise – and with a big prize attached. Preston was revealed today as the lucky Grand Prize winner of $100,000 for simply saving money through Save to Win.
- Michigan and Illinois Credit Union Leagues Enhance Strategic Alliance (12/13/11)
Today the Michigan and Illinois Credit Union Leagues announced they have formalized their collaborative partnership through a comprehensive agreement and reciprocal investments in two of their fee-based operations: the ICUL Service Corporation and CU Solutions Group.
- MCUL Makes Financial Counseling Resource Available Online (11/28/11)
When economic times get tough, the right financial advice becomes all the more critical.
- Michigan Credit Unions Win National Awards (11/22/11)
Several Michigan credit unions have been recognized by the Credit Union National Association as some of the best in the nation for their commitment to community involvement.
- Credit Union Helps Saginaw Woman Turn Innovative Idea into New Business in Tough Times (11/17/11)
For Alice Brown, a terrifying head-on car crash that disabled her also opened the door to an innovative new business. Not one to give up, Brown designed a knee brace that relieves pain, while helping rehabilitate injuries and restores normal movements. Then, Brown took her design a step further: She set her sights on selling her product online.