2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009 • 2008 • 2007 • 2006 • 2005
Back to current year press releases
Press Releases - 2013
- MI Credit Unions Get Unanimous Support from State’s Congress Members as Tax Fight Looms
Michigan’s entire congressional delegation – all 14 U.S. representatives and two senators – have unanimously voiced support for credit unions and their mission as the nonprofit financial institutions fight to stop a federal tax increase that will affect its 4.6 million Michigan members and all consumers. The show of formal congressional support was announced today by the Michigan Credit Union League and Affiliates.
- MI Credit Unions See Huge Growth In Auto Loans, Membership, Jobs In 2nd Quarter
Michigan credit unions reported major increases in loans for new and used automobiles which far surpassed the national rates, according to 2013 second quarter data released by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and analyzed by the Michigan Credit Union League and Affiliates (MCUL).
- Former OFIR Commissioner Ken Ross Rejoins MCUL
The Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates (MCUL) is pleased to announce that Ken Ross, who served as the commissioner of Michigan’s Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation (OFIR) from 2008 to 2011, has been named as the new executive vice president and chief operating officer of MCUL. OFIR is today known as the Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS).
- MCUL Endorses Gary Peters for Senate
The Michigan Credit Union League today endorsed Congressman Gary Peters for the U.S. Senate, praising his legislative record of supporting common-sense financial measures that help middle-class families, small businesses and community-based financial institutions such as credit unions.
- Michigan Credit Unions Shine During National Financial Literacy Month
While active in financial literacy all year-round, the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates and member credit unions have unveiled a roster of activities in local communities across the state geared toward celebrating National Financial Literacy Month in April.
- Credit Union Auto Club is Newest Invest in America Partner
CU Solutions Group is pleased to introduce Credit Union Auto Club, the newest program in its credit union membership enhancement program Invest in America.
- Michigan Credit Unions Ramp Up Lending in 2012
Consumers continue to turn to credit unions in record numbers for all their financial needs, making 2012 a banner year for the industry. The record-setting results were buoyed by strong demand for auto loans, mortgages, student loans, and business loans, the Michigan Credit Union League said today as it announced year-end results for 2012 in an analysis of data from the National Credit Union Administration.
- Michigan Credit Union Members Save $43 Million with Save to Win
LANSING – What’s even better than saving money? Winning money for saving money! That’s exactly the case for 10 lucky credit union members across the state. This week the 10 grand prize winners of the Save to Win program will each receive a $10,000 check delivered by the Prize Squad during the “Week of Winning” statewide tour.
Press Releases- 2012
- Lansing Credit Union Member Wins $100,000 Savings Prize (2/23/12)
For Lee Preston, the call from his local credit union came as a surprise – and with a big prize attached. Preston was revealed today as the lucky Grand Prize winner of $100,000 for simply saving money through Save to Win.
- MI Credit Unions' Strong Performance in 2011 Points to Improving Economy (3/7/12)
Strong improvement across several key industry indicators demonstrate that the state’s economy continues its turnaround, with Michigan credit unions providing solid support for local businesses and consumers, the Michigan Credit Union League said today as it announced year-end results for 2011.
- MI Credit Unions Urge Senate to Support Small Businesses, Increase CU Lending (3/28/12)
Michigan credit unions today urged Michigan’s Sens. Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow and their colleagues in the U.S. Senate to take quick action in support of a proposal that will strengthen small businesses, jumpstart local economies and create local jobs.
- MCUL CEO Wins Nationwide and State Small Business Award (4/5/12)
The U.S. Small Business Administration has recognized David Adams, President and CEO of the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates, as the 2012 National Financial Services Champion for his advocacy and work to increase small business lending at a time when access to capital is a national challenge. This marks the first time in recent memory that a credit union representative has been honored as a financial services champion for small businesses.
- MI Credit Unions Help Lead Fight against Kidney Disease (5/22/12)
Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates and Michigan credit unions once again stepped up for the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan as the second largest sponsor of the 2012 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak, which took place on Sunday, May 20.
- MI Credit Unions Launch Largest-Ever Cooperative Advertising Campaign (5/22/12)
The Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates and Michigan credit unions rolled out their largest, most ambitious cooperative advertising campaign to date with the theme “Own Your Money,” along with a new website that brings the power of credit unions together under a unified brand, CU Link. The destination site, www.creditunionlink.org, highlights core messages associated with credit unions’ lower loan rates, lower fees, superior credit card value, and convenient 28,000 surcharge-free ATM network.
- MI Credit Union Membership Hits Record 4.5 Million (6/4/12)
More than 4.5 million people are now members of Michigan credit unions, setting a new record, according to 2012 first quarter data just released by the National Credit Union Administration. Statewide, credit unions also reported record checking account balances at the end of the first quarter of 2012 aided by near-record quarterly balance growth and new checking accounts.
- Michigan League Successfully Advocates for Groundbreaking New Business Investing Authority for CUSOs
In a landmark move for the credit union industry, the Michigan Commissioner of Financial and Insurance Regulation has signed an order authorizing credit union service organizations (CUSOs) to provide small business equity investments to Michigan credit unions and their members.
- Cadillac School Employee Solves Puzzle, Wins Credit Union Facebook Contest (8/23/12)
A Cadillac woman is the winner of the first Facebook contest held in conjunction with a statewide effort to raise awareness about credit unions, and she will receive a $700 prize today, Thursday, Aug. 23, at 1 p.m. at Wexford Community Credit Union’s Lake City Branch, for her winning response.
- Michigan Credit Union League Endorses Peters, Bentivolio for Congress
The Michigan Credit Union League is pleased to announce its endorsement of incumbent Congressman Gary Peters for the 9th House District covering most of Oakland County and Kerry Bentivolio, candidate for the 11th congressional House District covering northwestern Wayne County and southwestern Oakland County.
- One Year after “Bank Transfer Day,” Michigan Credit Unions Continue to See Strong Growth in New Memb
In the year since consumers were urged to move their money from big banks to credit unions on “Bank Transfer Day” (Nov. 5, 2011), credit unions in Michigan have seen an extraordinary surge in the number of new members.
- Michigan Credit Unions Gain Market Share, Ramp Up Lending in Q3, while Membership Reaches New High
LANSING –As the economy continues to improve, credit unions are increasingly becoming the service providers of choice for Michigan consumers when it comes to all their financial needs, according to an analysis of third quarter data by the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates (MCUL).
- Credit Union Member Rewards Program, General Motors Reach Landmark of 500,000 Vehicles Sold
In four short years, the Michigan-based Invest in America credit union member rewards program, which provides valuable savings on a wide range of products and services from business partners including General Motors Co., has reached an impressive milestone: the sale of 500,000 American-made vehicles through the program.
Press Releases - 2011
- Michigan and Illinois Credit Union Leagues Enhance Strategic Alliance (12/13/11)
Today the Michigan and Illinois Credit Union Leagues announced they have formalized their collaborative partnership through a comprehensive agreement and reciprocal investments in two of their fee-based operations: the ICUL Service Corporation and CU Solutions Group.
- MCUL Makes Financial Counseling Resource Available Online (11/28/11)
When economic times get tough, the right financial advice becomes all the more critical.
- Michigan Credit Unions Win National Awards (11/22/11)
Several Michigan credit unions have been recognized by the Credit Union National Association as some of the best in the nation for their commitment to community involvement.
- Credit Union Helps Saginaw Woman Turn Innovative Idea into New Business in Tough Times (11/17/11)
For Alice Brown, a terrifying head-on car crash that disabled her also opened the door to an innovative new business. Not one to give up, Brown designed a knee brace that relieves pain, while helping rehabilitate injuries and restores normal movements. Then, Brown took her design a step further: She set her sights on selling her product online.
- SW Michigan Credit Union Helps Grow Local Business in Tough Times (11/17/11)
In 2008, Wolverine Metal Stamping planned to diversify its product line and broaden its customer base. To do so, the company needed capital. Things appeared to be on track. Wolverine had a signed financing agreement from GE Capital. Then, in September 2008, the stock market crashed. The recession began. GE Capital backed out. Wolverine Stamping was left high and dry. Wolverine tried to find alternate funding, but found little success – until it called its local credit union, OMNI Community Credit Union, which was able to provide the financing the company needed to realize its vision.
- Credit Unions Gain 650,000 New Members In October In Wake of Big Bank Fees (11/04/11)
The Michigan Credit Union League today said credit unions across the state are reporting huge numbers of people opening new accounts, many of them fed up with the level of service and fees at big banks. According to data from the Credit Union National Association, Michigan’s credit unions gained 27,900 new members in October, adding an estimated $193 million in deposits.
- Bank Fees Drive More People To Credit Unions (10/31/11)
The Michigan Credit Union League today said local credit unions across the state are reporting surges of people opening new accounts, in apparent protest against large banks that are forcing customers to pay higher fees for checking accounts and debit cards.
- Dell Joins Invest In America Discount Program for Credit Union Members (10/27/11)
Dell Inc. now offers discounts on computers and devices through the Invest in America program, available exclusively through credit unions from the CU Solutions Group (CUSG). CUSG, a provider of human resources, technology, marketing and membership enhancement solutions for the credit union industry, today announced this strategic partnership agreement.
- MI Credit Unions Donate $100,000 to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (10/21/11)
Sparrow Foundation and Children’s Center officials have accepted a $100,071.55 donation from the Michigan Credit Union League on behalf of the Children’s Miracle Network.
- As Banks Tack on New Fees, Credit Unions Remain Best Value with Free Checking (9/30/11)
With consumers facing new charges, higher fees and greater costs that banks are starting to implement, the Michigan Credit Union League today said credit unions remain a good value now more than ever, with the overwhelming majority of credit unions still offering free checking and low fees for quality services.
- CUSG and O’Rourke & Associates Announce Strategic Partnership
CU Solutions Group (CUSG), a provider of human resource, technology marketing and membership enhancement solutions for the credit union industry today announced a strategic partnership agreement with O’Rourke & Associates. O’Rourke & Associates, headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is a provider of executive search, succession planning, leadership development and executive compensation services in the credit union marketplace.
- Michigan Credit Unions Grow Deposits, Small Business Loans (9/6/11)
Credit unions in Michigan continue to expand member services and fuel small business growth, according to the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- Connecticut League Third to Sign Marketing Agreement with CUSG (6/28/11)
The Credit Union League of Connecticut (CULCT) and CU Solutions Group (CUSG) have announced a new marketing agreement to offer solutions in the areas of marketing, technology, membership enhancements, and human resources to Connecticut credit unions.
- CU Solutions Group’s Invest in America and GM Team Up To Support Cell Phones for Soldiers (6/22/11)
General Motors Co., Invest in America and more than 270 credit unions across the country are supporting the 150,000 U.S. troops currently stationed overseas by collecting used cell phones.
- NWCUA Services Corp., CU Solutions Group Create New Services Alliance (6/9/11)
The Northwest Credit Union Association’s (NWCUA) service corporation and CU Solutions Group will work together through a new marketing agreement, expanding support and access to a full suite of marketing, technology, membership enhancements and human resources solutions for credit unions in the Northwest.
- Credit Unions Add Members, Deposits and Branches Across Michigan (6/8/11)
With the quarterly call report data in from the National Credit Union Administration, credit unions’ top regulator, the Michigan Credit Union League reports growth in members and branches across the state.
- CU Solutions Group, “LEVERAGE,” LSCU Service Corp, Create Joint Marketing Agreement (5/26/11)
CU Solutions Group and LEVERAGE, the service corporation of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions, have signed a joint marketing agreement, expanding support and access to a full suite of products for credit unions in Alabama, Florida and nationally.
- Michigan Credit Union League, Michigan CUES Form Partnership (5/16/11)
The Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates (MCUL) and the Credit Union Executive Society’s (CUES) Michigan Council have announced an agreement to support, promote and sponsor each-other’s educational events.
- MI Credit Unions Help Spark Clean Energy Home Improvements (4/20/11)
Credit unions are helping build Michigan’s clean energy future, by partnering with local contractors and Michigan Saves to provide easy, affordable loans to homeowners for energy-saving projects.
- Michigan CUs Continue Growth in Membership, Checking Accounts and Small Business Loans (3/8/11)
Michigan credit unions added more than 37,000 members in 2010 and continued growth in deposits and small business loans. According to fourth quarter 2010 call report data from the National Credit Union Administration, the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates reports that Michigan’s 322 credit unions continued to grow.
- Invest in America Acquires CUTS Performance Marketing (2/14/11)
CU Solutions Group (CUSG, formerly CU Village) has acquired CUTS Performance Marketing as a significant expansion of its Invest in America program.
- Credit Union Member Wins Grand Prize – by Saving Money (2/11/11)
On Feb. 11, the Michigan Credit Union League gave the second $100,000 Save to Win Grand Prize to a member of Alpena Alcona Area Credit Union.
- Invest in America Announces New Partnership with CUNA Mutual (1/20/11)
CUNA Mutual is the newest partnership in CU Solutions Group’s Invest in America program, which will offer discounts on home and auto insurance for credit union members. Launching in February, the partnership will give members more choices for discounts, and open up the benefits of the MEMBERS® Auto & Homeowners Insurance program to even more consumers.
- Illinois and Michigan Credit Union Leagues Announce Strategic Alliance Agreement (1/3/11)
Today the Michigan and Illinois Credit Union Leagues announced a strategic alliance agreement in order to expand collaboration opportunities for both the trade associations and their business units.
Press Releases - 2010
- CU Village and HRN Merge to Become CU Solutions Group (12/15/10)
To better serve its credit union clients, CU Village and its sister company HRN Management Group will merge in January 2011 and will now be known under a new name and brand—CU Solutions Group.
- Michigan Credit Unions Add Members, Continue Growth (12/7/10)
Michigan’s credit unions continued to strengthen their financial positions in the third quarter ending September 30, with strong earnings and growth in membership (54,000 new members since year-end 2009). Third-quarter statistics from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and the Credit Union National Association highlight the continued deposit growth (7.3 percent for the 12 months ending Sept. 30, 2010), business loan growth (22.9 percent), and strong return on assets (ROA – up to 34 basis points from 28 at mid-year).
- Invest in America Kicks Off New Private Offer With GM (11/8/10)
On Nov. 2, General Motors began a new private offer to eligible credit union members through the Invest in America program. Nationwide, 11 million members from 240 credit unions can take advantage of $1,000 cash back on five different Chevrolet, Buick and GMC cars and trucks, on top of any other public incentives.
- Michigan Credit Union League Endorses Rick Snyder for Governor (10/14/10)
The Michigan Credit Union League Board of Directors today announced its endorsement of Rick Snyder for governor, citing his understanding of financial institutions and his balanced policies regarding the role of state government in the financial sector.
- New Consumer Study Shows Credit Unions Lead in Trust, Confidence (9/29/10)
The Michigan Credit Union League today announced the results of its first statewide consumer study, showing that, relative to bank customers, almost twice as many credit union members have an outstanding relationship with their financial institution.
- Michigan Credit Unions Unaffected by NCUA Conservatorship Action (9/24/10)
The NCUA assumed control of three additional undercapitalized corporate credit unions, announced a plan to isolate the impaired assets in the corporate credit union system, and finalized a set of stronger regulations, reforms designed to resolve the financial challenges facing corporate credit unions without disrupting consumer service.
- Michigan Credit Unions Grow in Challenging Economy (9/13/10)
Michigan credit unions continued their growth trend in the second quarter ending June 30, reporting strong net worth, lending and membership growth, despite continuing challenges in the economy.
- Michigan Credit Union League Training 85 New Financial Counselors (7/28/10)
Credit unions statewide are enhancing their financial education resources for members as they send staff to special training toward becoming certified financial counselors. The program, conducted by the Michigan Credit Union League on July 15 and 16, supplements the self-study certification program.
- Michigan Credit Unions Launch Record-setting Advertising Campaign (6/9)
The Michigan Credit Union League is launching the largest advertising campaign in the history of the state credit union industry that will inform viewers and listeners that, as a credit union member, they truly own their money.
- More Consumers Move Savings to Credit Unions (6/7)
Credit unions are fueling Michigan’s recovery, continuing strong asset and share growth: 7.3 percent and 12.2 percent respectively over the 12 months through March 2010.
- Invest in America Adds Shop America as New Partner (6/4)
Invest in America is adding even more value for credit unions across the country, giving members access to more than 1,200 online merchants at launch with the online mall Shop America.
- Michigan Credit Union League Endorses Hoekstra for Governor
The Michigan Credit Union League today formally announced its support for U.S. Rep. Pete Hoekstra’s bid for governor. Calling the endorsement a vote for small business and for consumers, MCUL President /CEO David Adams applauded Hoekstra’s track record and leadership.
- CUSBFA Launches Training, Financing Program in MI (5/3)
Loans, training available to boost entrepreneurship, jobs in the state
- Credit Unions Kick-off Money Smart Week Events in Detroit (4/19)
Michigan’s credit unions, year-round leaders in youth financial education, will hold more than 75 community financial education events between April 17-26 as part of Money Smart Week.
- Hoekstra’s Jobs Tour Stops at Frankenmuth Credit Union (4/14/10)
A leading candidate for governor, U.S. Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-MI) made Frankenmuth Credit Union a part of his “100 Jobs Across the State” tour on Monday, going inside the credit union to meet members and staff and learn about its different functions.
- Michigan’s Credit Unions Post Record Growth in Membership and Savings Deposits (3/24/10)
With strong growth in members, savings deposits and small-business lending, credit unions proved that 2009 was a year of growth and service, as other institutions pulled back or closed their doors. Year-end statistics compiled by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) show that members’ savings deposits at Michigan’s credit unions grew by 12.2 percent in 2009 to a total of $32.5 billion.
- CUcorp Announces Strategic Partnership with Credit Union Student Choice (3/17/10)
CUcorp and Credit Union Student Choice, a credit union service organization (CUSO) that provides turn-key private student lending services to more than 100 credit unions across the country, recently announced a strategic business partnership between the two organizations.
- Michigan Association of Credit Unions Votes to Combine with Michigan Credit Union League (3/12/10)
After careful consideration of the level of service that MCUL has provided to the MACU membership, the MACU membership voted to authorize the MACU Board of Directors to begin the complete integration with MCUL and begin the process of dissolving MACU.
- CUcorp’s “Invest in America” Program and DIRECTV Announce Nationwide Partnership (3/3/10)
America’s credit union members can invest, donate and save all at the same time when they sign up with the nation’s No.1 satellite TV service, while helping sick and injured kids in local communities with a new partnership between Invest in America and DIRECTV.
- Mt. Pleasant Woman Wins First $100,000 “Save to Win” Credit Union Raffle (2/4/10)
Eighty-six year-old Billie Smith from Lake, MI, a member of Lansing-based NuUnion Credit Union, was presented with the first $100,000 grand prize for the Save to Win program. She is one of 11,666 members at eight Michigan credit unions who saved $8.56 million in the first year of the savings raffle.
- Governor Underscores Small Business Financing, Entrepreneurship (2/4/10)
Governor Jennifer M. Granholm today joined with the Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Centers (MI-SBTDC), Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL), and FastTrac NewVenture program clients at TechTown in Detroit to discuss new tools available to help small and medium-sized businesses grow in Michigan.
- “Invest in America” Honored as Innovation of the Year (1/7/10)
The “Invest in America” program promoting America’s credit unions and domestic automakers has won top national honors as the “Innovation of the Year” for 2009 from the Credit Union Journal for helping Americans save money, boosting domestic auto sales and other American-made products, and supporting the U.S. economy.
Press Releases - 2009
- Michigan Credit Unions See Record Growth in Membership, Savings Deposits (12/8/09)
At a time when consumers are searching for financial institutions that are trusted and have their best interest in mind, Michigan credit unions are proving that moving money to a local institution is beneficial. Michigan’s 335 credit unions continue to show growth in loans, deposits and membership: adding a record 59,000 members in 2009, the most in more than five years.
- Credit Unions’ Community Focus Gets National Praise (11/18/09)
Michigan’s credit unions received national recognition for community commitment and financial education, including Lansing-based CASE CU, Communicating Arts CU in Detroit, and Houghton Lake’s North Central Area CU. The Credit Union National Association will present the awards in Washington D.C. in February.
- Credit Union Members Save With FTD Florists, CU Benefits Express (11/13/09)
Whether it’s visiting the dentist, going out to dinner, buying flowers or booking a ski vacation, credit union members have access to exciting, new discounts now that FTD and CU Benefits have joined the “Invest in America” program.
- Credit Union Members to save Thousands on New Chrysler Group LLC Incentives (11/3/09)
With new ownership and a fresh start, Chrysler Group LLC and America’s credit unions are excited to offer new discounts through the “Invest in America” program. By offering “Affiliate Rewards” to credit union members and knowing the loyalty credit union members have toward domestic vehicles, the partnership is expected to once again match members with Chrysler Group LLC’s outstanding line of vehicles.
- Michigan Credit Unions Fuel Auto Sales (9/10/09)
Michigan credit unions are riding high in the auto-lending market with an 8.5-percent increase in new loans in the second quarter which equates to $2.2 billion in auto-loan balances as of June 30, 2009.
- “Invest in America” Moving Up with Allied Partnership (9/3/09)
By partnering with Allied Van Lines, Inc. and their agent Carey Moving and Storage, “Invest in America” members can take advantage of discounts usually reserved for Fortune 1000 companies with Allied Moving and Storage.
- Kingdon Added to Credit Union League’s Legislative Team (9/2/09)
The Michigan Credit Union League announces the hiring of Jordan Kingdon as the director of government affairs.
- Credit Unions’ “Invest in America” Program Expanding with RVs (8/26/09)
Thor Industries Inc., the world’s largest manufacturer of recreation vehicles and a major builder of commercial buses, is partnering with “Invest in America” to offer credit union discounts on RVs.
- DeFors, Hune to Fill Key Association Roles for MCUL (8/3/09)
The Michigan Credit Union League has promoted Marcia Hune and Michael DeFors to lead the association’s legislative, regulatory, communications and education activities.
- CUcorp and Thor CC, Inc. Enter an Exclusive Marketing Agreement (7/30/09)
As the economy continues to challenge consumers, more are turning to recreational vehicles for close-to-home vacations. CUcorp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Michigan Credit Union League, announced today that it has entered into a marketing agreement with Thor CC, Inc. (TCC), to promote high-quality consumer RV loans to credit unions across the country.
- DVD and Website Helping Michigan Residents Avoid Foreclosure (7/6/09)
Michigan’s credit unions are connecting struggling homeowners with the resources they need to avoid foreclosure. The “Right at Home” DVD and Web site, created in partnership with the United Way and the Michigan State University Extension (MSUE), give individuals access to a wealth of information regarding the steps to take when financial pressures threaten homeownership.
- Credit Union Members Returning to U.S. Auto Brands (6/8/09)
Credit union members are showing their support for American-made products by purchasing a record number of vehicles through the credit union discount program “Invest in America.” More than 20% of the sales are from members who previously owned an import.
- Michigan Credit Unions Show Strong First Quarter Growth
Based on first quarter aggregate call report data obtained from the National Credit Union Administration, Michigan credit unions show they are growing and lending to their members during Michigan’s most challenging economic climate in history.
- Credit Unions Pledge Financing Support for Chrysler Vehicles (5/7/09)
America’s credit unions, through the “Invest in America” program, are pledging their support for Chrysler LLC during its comprehensive restructuring announced last week. As credit remains tight for domestic autos, credit unions boast over $160 billion in liquidity available for member loans of all types, including new car loans.
- “Invest in America” Program Approaching 100,000 Vehicles Sold (4/20/09)
The “Invest in America” credit union member discount program has contributed to this growth, as more than 1,300 credit unions nationwide have adopted the program and have brought an estimated $2.1 billion in revenue to GM and Chrysler through the sale of 85,847 vehicles.
- Free Credit Union Tax Preparation Service Growing in 2009 (3/25/09)
With tax day approaching quickly, the Michigan Credit Union League’s Just file it! program has already helped more than 3,500 credit union members get more than $7.5 million in refunds.
- Michigan CUs Minimally Affected by Conservatorship of U.S. Central FCU and Wescorp FCU (3/23/09)
On March 20, the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) placed U.S. Central Federal Credit Union of Kansas and Wescorp Federal Credit Union of California into conservatorship as a result of accounting losses related to mortgage-backed securities investments.
- “Invest in America” Program Yields 57,000 in Sales (3/20/09)
Coming off an impressive nationwide debut in January, the “Invest in America” program saw sales push even higher in February. The credit union partnership with GM and Chrysler has now sold nearly 57,000 vehicles in two months with 80 percent financed by credit unions.
- CUcorp Signs New Marketing Agreement with CUDL (3/17/09)
CUDL (www.cudl.com), which administers the nation’slargest point-of-sale and indirect auto-lending network for credit unions, announced that they have entered into a new marketing agreement with CUcorp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL).
As a result of the new marketing agreement, CUcorp will be leading efforts in marketing CUDL’s AutoSMART product and services to Michigan’s 350 credit unions.
- Credit Unions Show Strength in 4th Quarter (3/13/09)
Fourth quarter data for Michigan credit unions is in and consumers appear to be looking to credit unions as safe havens for deposits as well as lenders for affordable auto and small-business loans. Credit union deposits grew by 6.3 percent during 2008; a rate that is double the growth in 2007 and almost as high as the past four years combined.
- Michigan Credit Unions Show Their Difference (3/10/09)
Since March 9, the Michigan airwaves have been filled with television and radio ads asking consumers to buy American and that Michigan’s credit unions are a safe and sound choice. The ads carry the theme of “Love + Trust = My Credit Union.”
- New “Invest in America” Partners Add Value for Members (3/6/09)
CUcorp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Michigan Credit Union League, has added two new partners to its “Invest in America” program, giving more exposure to the program and more value to each purchase. AAA Michigan will give new members a free upgrade to AAA Plus RV, which provides enhanced member benefits, while GrooveCar, a Long Island-based automotive resource, will focus its marketing efforts on the program.
- New Lovemycreditunion.org Showcases CU Difference, Invest in America (3/6/09)
Throughout the financial crisis, credit unions have showcased their responsible lending, community commitment and strong member service. The Michigan Credit Union League unveiled a newly redesigned Lovemycreditunion.org Web site, which reinforces this message to current and potential credit union members.
- CUcorp Partners with Discover Financial Services (2/24/09)
CUcorp announced it has added Discover Network as its preferred partner for affinity/co-branded credit cards. Under the agreement, CUcorp will promote Discover Network to its participating Michigan credit unions that are interested in issuing affinity/co-branded Discover Network credit cards.
- New Credit Union Savings Program Carries $100,000 Grand Prize (2/17/09)
The Michigan Credit Union League and eight credit unions in Michigan have created a new program: Save to Win. By making a $25 deposit, members at participating credit unions will be entered into a drawing to win a $100,000 grand prize and other monthly prizes.
- Credit Union Research Suggests Policy Solutions to Foreclosure Crisis (2/11/09)
The Michigan Credit Union Foundation commissioned the Filene Research Institute to examine the foreclosure problem and find areas where public policy can make a difference.
- Invest in America Campaign Reports 25,000 Vehicle Sales for GM and Chrysler in First Month (2/4/09)
CUcorp, a national credit union marketing company, today reported the “Invest in America” campaign closed an estimated 25,000 vehicle sales since the program went nationwide January 7.
- CUNA Mutual Group Joins “Invest In America” Program (1/28/09)
CUNA Mutual today joins credit unions nationwide with supporting initiatives for purchases made from automakers General Motors and Chrysler Corporation LLC through the “Invest in America” program.
- CUcorp and Salus Group Align; Larger Array of Services for Credit Unions Expected (1/28/09)
CUcorp, the wholly-owned subsidiary of the Michigan Credit Union League, and Salus Group today announced the sale of CUcorp’s CUCare Group to Salus. The combination of these two strong entities will increase the healthcare and benefit options for credit unions across the country.
- CUDL Teams With CUCorp on Invest in America (1/21/09)
CUDL, which administers the nation’s largest point-of-sale and indirect-lending network for credit unions, announced a new partnership with CUcorp to further advance credit union and member awareness of the “Invest in America” program and drive members to take advantage of the unique buying opportunities for GM and Chrysler vehicles.
- MCUL, MACU Announce Alliance (1/19/09)
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL), a trade association serving 90 percent of Michigan’s 350 credit unions and the Michigan Association of Credit Unions (MACU), serving 22 Michigan credit unions, signed a management contract.
- “Invest in America” Partnership To Begin Nationwide Pilot - GM (1-7-09)
With credit remaining tight in the auto industry, America’s credit unions and General Motors announced today a nationwide pilot of the "Invest in America" credit union membership discount partnership.
- “Invest in America” Partnership To Begin Nationwide Pilot - Chrysler (1-7-09)
America’s credit unions and Chrysler LLC announced today that the "Invest in America" credit union loan partnership has been expanded from the 12 pilot states to all 50.
Press Releases - 2008
- Chrysler LLC Joins Expanded “Invest in America” Partnership (12/16/08)
After a successful launch of the "Invest in America" credit union loan partnership last week, Chrysler Corporation LLC announced it will join the partnership. This gives 1,295 credit unions in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois access to cash discounts for its members from two of America’s three domestic automakers and access to affordable financing on new vehicle purchases. Eight other states also will participate in the Chrysler discount program.
- Credit Unions “Invest in America,” Pledge $10 Billion for Low-Cost Auto Loans (12/10/08)
At a time when economic stress is sweeping the nation and threatening the survival of the U.S. auto industry, a consortium of 1,200 Midwest credit unions announce a vehicle purchase price discount from GM available to their members.
- The Michigan Credit Union League Expands Presence in Lansing (12/5/08)
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) will move on Dec. 12 into a new office on the ninth and tenth floors of 101 S. Washington Square in Lansing.
- Michigan’s Credit Unions Growing Amid Financial Turmoil (12/5/08)
Michigan’s 350 credit unions expanded membership and increased loan growth during the 3rd quarter, according to new statistics released by the National Credit Union Administration and the Michigan Credit Union League.
- New Software Helps Credit Unions Improve Web Sites (11/10/08)
Keeping a Web site current is a challenge for any business, but credit unions now have more tools at their disposal to manage, update and improve their sites. CU Village, a full-service Web solutions company, has released a new version of its Content Management System (CMS), which is designed with the specific needs of credit unions in mind. It enables organizations to easily manage their entire Web site through a browser.
- Credit Unions Kick Off "CU Difference" Campaign (10/16/08)
Michigan credit unions are planning the multi-million dollar “Credit Union Difference” cooperative advertising campaign with radio ads, Web-based videos and a Web site to highlight credit union safety.
- Credit Unions Kick Off "CU Difference" Campaign -- Detailed Version (10/16/08)
Michigan credit unions are planning the multi-million dollar “Credit Union Difference” cooperative advertising campaign with radio ads, Web-based videos and a Web site to highlight credit union safety.
- Op-ed: Trust the Financial System and Congress during Crisis (10/2/08)
Heads spin listening to dire warnings from the president, treasury secretary and federal reserve chairman of the possible collapse of the U.S. financial system. Despite the warnings of government officials charged with safeguarding our country’s financial security, why do a vast majority of Americans oppose the proposed intervention? It comes down to a lack of trust.
- Credit Union Federal Insurance Coverage (10/1/08)
The U.S. Senate is considering a revised financial bailout bill tonight. The legislation also includes some provisions to help “Main Street.” One of those provisions will increase the level of federal insurance for credit union savings to $250,000. This legislation will also do the same for savings in banks insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
- CU Growth Solutions Honored for Design Achievements (9/29/08)
CU Growth Solutions, the marketing and advertising agency within the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) and CUcorp, earned three 2008 American Graphic Design Awards for their work with state and national credit union associations.
- Economic Turmoil Can’t Stop Credit Unions’ Growth (9/25/08)
As Wall Street’s giants have crumbled, Michigan’s credit unions have added $1.9 billion in assets and more than 100,000 new members in 2008. According to the Michigan Credit Union League, funds deposited by members are safe and secure.
- Michigan’s Credit Unions Weathering the Economic Storm (7/16/08)
The current downturn in the economy has many people worried about the security of their money, but Michigan credit union members can take comfort in knowing that their money is safe and secure.
- MCUL Announces New Members of Governmental Affairs Team (6/16/08)
Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) Executive Vice President Patrick La Pine has announced three key staff additions to the MCUL’s Governmental Affairs team in Lansing — Marcia Hagenbarth, David Mroz and Jami Wolfe.
- Michigan, St. Lucia Leagues Sign WOCCU Partnership Agreement
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) and the St. Lucia Credit Union Co-operative League signed an international partnership agreement on May 15 at a special ceremony in Grand Rapids, Mich. The agreement is the latest of 29 such relationships overseen by World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) as part of its International Partnerships Program.
- Michigan CUs to Provide Mortgage Refinancing Products Courtesy of 'Save the Dream' Program (4/1/08)
Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm signed into law the “Save the Dream” package of bills recently passed by the state legislature, allowing the Michigan State Housing and Development Authority (MSHDA) to provide mortgage re-financing products to homeowners.
- Free Tax Service Offered by Credit Unions Provides More Than $5.7 Million In Returns (3/26/08)
With a few weeks still remaining before the tax filing deadline, credit unions have already helped put more than $5.7 million into the pockets of Michigan families in the form of credits and refunds.
- Michigan Credit Union League Announces 2007 Federal, State Lawmaker Award Recipients (3/6/08)
U.S. Rep. Joe Knollenberg, R-Bloomfield Hills, and State Rep. Andy Coulouris, D-Saginaw, have been selected as the Michigan Credit Union League’s (MCUL) 2007 Federal Legislator of the Year and State Legislator of the Year, respectively.
- Credit Unions and State Government Aim to Inform Consumers About Avoiding Foreclosure (2/25/08)
With Michigan facing the third-highest foreclosure rate in the country, credit unions and the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Services (OFIS) are pushing to educate consumers on ways to avoid losing their home.
- Michigan Governor Granholm Names Ross Head Financial Regulator (2/22/08)
A former Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) staff member is now Michigan’s chief regulator of state-chartered financial institutions.
Press Releases - 2007
- Michigan Credit Union League to Hold 'Mortgage Summit' for Credit Union Leaders (12/20/07)
As the mortgage foreclosure crisis continues to grow both in Michigan and across the country, the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) is organizing a credit union industry response to help people at risk of losing their homes.
- Michigan Credit Union League CEO Adams Addresses State Lawmakers (12/6/07)
The skyrocketing foreclosure rate has hit Michigan hard. It has been one of the hot-button issues facing state and federal lawmakers this year. On Dec. 4, Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) President and Chief Executive Officer David Adams addressed members of the Michigan House Banking and Financial Services Committee on how credit unions have avoided contributing to the problem and how they’ve worked to educate consumers.
- Michigan Credit Union League Federal PAC Fundraiser Has Banner Year (11/20/07)
By September the excitement was already building. Just three and a half months after the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) kicked off its annual Grand Raffle federal PAC fundraiser, all 30,000 tickets had been distributed to a record-high 138 participating credit unions. It was shaping up to be a special year, and as the raffle came to a close the morning of Nov. 19, the final numbers indicated it had been the best ever.
- Credit Union Leaders to Meet in Savannah for 2008 Midwest Management Issues Conference (11/15/07)
Credit union leaders will once again come together for the strong line-up of speakers and breakout sessions that compose the Midwest Management Issues Conference, January 13 – 16, at the Hyatt Regency in Savannah, Georgia.
- 226 Michigan Credit Unions Can Hold VISA Stock
The Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Services found that Michigan state-chartered credit unions may receive and hold Visa, Inc. stock, absent any overriding safety and soundness concerns.
- Credit Union Staff to Receive Free Instruction on Personal Finance Curriculum - DeWitt (11/14/07)
Most Michigan high school students graduate with few of the personal finance skills they need to support themselves. In an effort to combat this problem, credit union staff members and high school teachers throughout Michigan are becoming educated on how to teach these valuable skills in the classroom each year.
- Credit Union Staff to Receive Free Instruction on Personal Finance Curriculum - Port Huron (11/7/07)
A free training session for high school teachers and credit union staff on the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) High School Financial Planning Program will be held Thursday, November 8, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the St. Clair County Michigan State University Extension (MSUE).
- Loan Programs for Workers Affected by Possible Government Shutdown (9/26/07)
As lawmakers attempt to hammer out an agreement on the state budget, the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) is stressing the ability of the entire credit union community to assist state workers facing a potential government shutdown.
- Michigan Credit Union League, MSU Extension Offer Free Training Sessions (8/2/07)
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) and Michigan State University (MSU) Extension are teaming up to educate high school teachers, credit union staff and others about how to teach teens about saving, credit and money management.
- Michigan Credit Unions to their Congressional Delegation: ‘We Look Out for The Little Guy’ (6/26/07)
Some 39 Michigan credit union staff and volunteers met with lawmakers during last week’s “Michigan Hike the Hill,” the annual grassroots lobbying trip to Washington, D.C. sponsored by the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) and the Credit Union National Association (CUNA).
- Michigan Support For CURIA Climbs To Eight U.S. House Members (5/24/07)
More than half of Michigan’s U.S. House members are now officially aboard in support of the Credit Union Regulatory Improvements Act (CURIA).
- Governor Support, Optimism from CU Leaders Among Highlights at MCUL Annual Meeting (5/23/07)
Attendees of the 2007 Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) Annual Convention and Exposition (AC&E) saw strong reaffirmation of support from state government as well as anticipation of a bright future from prominent names in the credit union community during the MCUL’s 73rd Annual Membership Meeting.
- Big Names To Highlight Michigan Credit Union League Annual Convention (5/16/07)
More than 750 credit union representatives will gather at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center this week for the 2007 Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) Annual Convention & Exposition (AC&E). This year’s AC&E features the added draw of an unprecedented line-up of well known personalities in the realm of politics, television and the credit union community.
- Michigan Credit Union League Unveils New Web Site (5/14/07)
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) has launched a revamped Web site featuring streamlined design and updated content.
- CU Village.com Provides Clients with New Level of Web Site Control, Customization (4/24/07)
4/24/07 CU Village.com, a provider of Web sites and consulting services for credit unions and credit union leagues nationwide, has introduced a new version of their flagship Content Management System (CMS)..
- MI CUs Return Nearly $1.4 Million In Tax Refunds, Credits To Low-Income Households (4/20/07)
4/20/07 Just File It!, the free, Web-based income tax filing program offered by Michigan credit unions, generated nearly $1.4 million in tax refunds and credits for low-income working households in the 2006 tax year..
- MCUL Joins State Lawmakers in Promoting Youth Financial Literacy (4/3/07)
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) is once again teaming up with state lawmakers to educate youth and young adults about money management during April.
- MI CUs Urge Congressional Delegation to Pass The Credit Union Regulatory Improvement Act (3/8/07)
Following last week’s successful CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) and Hill meetings, the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) has issued colorful 8 ½ x 11 “thank you” cards to all members of Michigan’s Congressional delegation.
- MCUL President/CEO David Adams: Comerica may be Leaving, but Credit Unions are Here to Stay (3/6/07)
Comerica, Michigan’s oldest and largest bank, announced today that it is moving its headquarters to Dallas, TX. The $58 billion financial institution has cited the need to diversify its customer base and extend reach into high-growth areas and a limited local talent pool as the reasons for its decision to relocate. “This creates a stark contrast between big banks and not-for-profit credit unions,” said Michigan Credit Union League President and Chief Executive Officer David Adams ...
- Michigan's Allan McMorris Elected CUNA Chairman (2/27/07)
President/CEO of Oakland County Credit Union and former Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) chairman Allan Kemp McMorris has been elected chairman of the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Board of Directors...
- MI CUs Offer Free Tax Preparation Services for Low-Income Families, Individuals (2/22/07)
The Michigan credit union community is providing low-to-moderate-income individuals and families free Web-based resources to file for state and federal income tax credits and refunds...
- More than 50 CU Leaders Attend Opening Town Hall Meeting to Discuss Regulatory Issues (2/13/07)
More than 50 credit union leaders representing nearly 40 credit unions attended the first of three “Town Hall” meetings with Office of Financial and Insurance Services (OFIS) Commissioner Linda Watters on Feb. 12 at the Michigan Credit Union Center in Northville Twp..
- MCUL announces 2006 State, Federal Lawmaker Award Winners (2/09/07)
U.S. Rep. Sander Levin, D-Royal Oak, and State Sen. Tupac Hunter, D-Detroit, have been selected as the Michigan Credit Union League’s (MCUL) 2006 Federal Legislator of the Year and State Legislator of the Year, respectively...
- MCUL Plans Revamped Design and Content, Electronic Delivery for SAS Gazette Newsletter (2/2/07)
The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) has announced it will revamp design and content for the SAS Gazette, a quarterly publication that provides small asset size (SAS) credit unions with news and information relevant to SAS operations..
- Detroit Area CUs, Non-Profit Tax Service Provide Free Tax Filing and Financial Education (1/25/07)
Two Southwest Detroit-area credit unions will offer free tax-filing services and financial education to qualifying, low-income residents through a partnership with the Detroit-based Community Tax and Resource Center...
Press Releases - 2006
- Career Transition Program Generates Positive Publicity for MI CUs (12/14/06)
- CUcorp, Total Merchant Services Partner to Provide CUs with Electronic Processing Services (12/5/06)
- MCUL Federal PAC Fundraiser Generates Nearly $95,000 (11/21/06)
- HR Value Group Announces Management Contract, Marketing Alliance with CUcorp (11/03/06)
- DFCU Financial, Michigan Credit Union Community, Gov. Granholm To Help Displaced Workers (10/20/06)
- MCUL Announces Winners Of Annual Philosophy In Action, Youth Financial Education Award (10/10/06)
- Michigan CUs Educate More than 45,000 Students about Personal Finance (8/24/06)
- CUcorp, American Education Services Announce Contract (8/09/06)
- MCUL Subsidiary CUcorp, Amer Education Services Announce Partnership – 08/09/06
- MCUL President/CEO David Adams Urges Reconciliation between DFCU and DFCU Owners United (8/08/06)
- CUcorp, Sprint/Nextel Launch "Credit Union Wednesday" Promotion (7/19/06)
- CUcorp & Sprint Nextel in Lansing expands partnership with C.U. - 07/19/06
- MCUL Honors Youth Advocates, Credit Union With 2006 Youth Achievement Awards (7/10/06)
- MCUL Earns Honors for Excellence in Advertising, Publications (5/30/06)
- MCUL Welcomes Stephon Johnson as New Regulatory Compliance Consultant – 05/03/06
- CUcorp, Equifax Team To Offer Credit Unions A Small Business Risk Assessment Solution (5/26/06)
- CUcorp Business Partner Indirect Lending Technologies Completes Integration With RouteOne (5/16/07)
- CUcorp, Newground Partnership to Offer CUs Marketing, Branching Services (6/15/06)
- The MCUL’s Free Web Based Income Tax Filing Program Nets Over $1.4 Million For Filers (6/9/06)
- T&C Federal Credit Union CEO Honored For Distinguished Service To Credit Union Industry (5/25/06)
- MCUL Awards T&C Fed C.U. CEO Dianne Addington With the Distin Service Awd (05/25/06)
- MCUL Annual Convention & Exposition To Offer Extreme Educational, Networking Experience (5/17/06)
- Ben Stein & NBC's "Biggest Loser" headline Michigan C.U. League Annual Convention & Exposition - 05/
- MCUL's Family Involvement Council Offers Scholarships (5/09/06)
- MCUL Pres/CEO David Adams on DFCU Decision to Withdraw Appl to Convert to a Mutual Sav 04/17/06
- Gov. Granholm: advice on Disclosures & determining best course for C.U. and Members – 05/30/06
- MCUL Joins State Lawmakers in Promoting Youth Financial Literacy During April - 03/29/06
- DFCU Financial's Bid to Convert C.U. to Bank - Report with Sen. Basham – 03/13/06
- MI C.U's Demonstrate the Value of their Tax Exemp with First Social Mission Report - 03/09/06
- DFCU Does Not Employ Federal Reg's Suggestions to Help Ensure Fair, Informed Member Vote – 03/02/06
- MCUL Pres/CEO David Adams on Lawsuit Filed by DFCU Financial Fed C.U. – 03/01/06
- MCUL Applauds Texas Regulator's Plan… 02/23/2006
- CU Village.com Selected to Redesign Polish & Slavic Fed C.U's Web Site - 02/23/06
- Mackinac Center's David Littmann Piece on C.U. Unlevel: Op Ed by MCUL Pres/CEO Adams – 02/16/06
- C.U. Village.com Redesigns the Florida C.U League's Web site - 02/15/06
- Just File It! MI C.U’s, MI Law Prog Partner to Provide Free Tax Prep Resr to Low-Wagers 02-03-06
- CUcorp, AAA Michigan Announce Long-Term Contract (2/01/06)
- MCUL Raises Concerns Over DFCU Finc Plans to Use Raffles to lure voters – 01/31/06
- CU Village.com Renews Partnership With ezTaxReturn.com - 01/23/06
- CUcorp Launches Compliance Consultancy Service (1/20/06)
- Michigan Credit Union Community Contributes Nearly $600,000 to Hurricane Relief - 01/16/06
Press Releases - 2005
- MCUL awards Research FCU CEO Catherine Roberts with the Community Volunteer Award - 05/25/06
- CUcorp Announces Dynamic Cards Solutions Partnership (09/30/05)
- MCUL Pres/CEO Adams Comments on DFCU Intention to Convert to a Mutual Savings Bank – 12/14/05
- CUcorp Launches Governance Consultancy Service (11/29/05)
- MCUL Announces 2005 Dora Maxwell Award Winners - 10/07/05
- MCUL Announces 2005 Louise Herring Award Winners - 10/07/05
- CU Village.com Launches Redesigned Web Site; Users Can Now Access Support Area - 09/30/05
- MI C.U's Lead National in Financial Literacy Outreach: National Youth Involvement Board - 08/17/05
- CU Village.com Offers One-Stop Shopping for Answers to Financial Questions (8/12/05)
- Community Financial Members FCU Honored With MI Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award (7/7/05)
- MCUL Honors Staff, CU for Financial Literacy Advancement Efforts (7/6/05)
- Effective Risk Hedging Tools, Best Practices Outlined in New Report (7/6/05)
- CUcorp, Mortgage Center Enter Into Partnership Agreement (7/5/05)
- League InfoSight Compliance Information System Gaining in Popularity (6/24/05)
- Michigan Credit Union League Launches Online Learning Center (6/22/05)
- Study: CU Brand Stronger Than Banks in Key Attributes Related to Purchase Behavior (6/8/05)
- Study Finds Charter Proposition Still Attractive to MI Credit Unions (5/31/05)
- MCUL, Foundation Contribute More Than $40,000 to the NCUF National Disaster Relief Fund (5/19/05)
- Credit Union Social Mission Central Theme of MCUL Annual Convention & Exposition (5/18/05)
- The CUcare Group and Careerbuilder.com Partner to Deliver Recruitment Resources to CUs (5/16/05)
- Michigan Credit Union League to Recognize Youth Financial Literacy Efforts (5/12/05)
- Walsh College Small Business Lending Certificate Program Available to CUs (5/12/05)
- CU Financial Literacy Outreach Garners Bipartisan Support from State Lawmakers (5/10/05)
- MI Credit Union Industry Names Lansing Resident Top Community Volunteer (5/10/05)
- CUcorp, The Staver Group Partner to Offer CUs Development Services at Reduced Rate (5/5/05)
- U.S. Economy to Grow at Healthy Rate in 05; MI Economy Expected to Remain Lackluster (4/28/05)
- Images & Ink Brings Home Gold; Earns Rec in Prestigious Printing Competition (4/25/05)
- Scholarships Available from the Michigan Credit Union League Family Involvement Council (4/8/05)
- Exchange City Credit Union At Risk of Converting to a Bank (3/31/05)
- Financial Literacy Legislative Challenge Finds Lawmakers Hitting the Books This April (3/24/05)
- MI Credit Unions Post Moderately Strong Results During First Half of 2004 (3/15/05)
- Research Federal Credit Union CEO Appointed to International CU Board (3/9/05)
- Oakland County Credit Union CEO Elected Vice Chairman of the National CU Foundation (3/9/05)
- New and Improved CUDILL Reduces Time Required to Approve, Fund Loans (2/28/05)
- Michigan Credit Union League to Honor Stupak, Palsrok, Two Legislative Aides (2/18/05)
- Credit Union Tax Issue to Highlight MCUL Governmental Affairs Conference (2/17/05)
- CU Village.com Renews Partnership with ezTaxReturn (2/7/05)
- New Web Site to Give Credit Union Management, Staff Access to Networking Resources (1/12/05)
- Michigan Credit Union Foundation Establishes Fund to Help Aid Victims of Tsunami Disaster (1/6/05)