CUcorp, CUSG to Merge; MCUL & Affiliates Announces Staffing Changes (Misc News: May 6, 2013)
The boards of MCUL, CUcorp and CU Solutions Group have approved a plan to merge CUcorp into CUSG.
MCUL & Affiliates CEO David Adams said the CUcorp-CUSG merger is pending shareholder approval in two weeks at the CUSG shareholder meeting and would take effect on July 1.
At the same time, MCUL & Affiliates announced the resignation of Todd Mason, executive vice president and chief product officer for CU Solutions Group, and the hiring of Ken Ross, who will be executive vice president and COO over the trade association. Ross is returning to the league for a second stint. He formerly served the league as vice president of legislative and regulatory affairs, before becoming commissioner of what was then known as OFIR (now known as the Department of Insurance and Financial Services). Most recently, Ross has been general counsel for Citizens Bank. He will start his new job at the league on Aug. 5.
Mason is leaving to become chief product and marketing officer for RouteOne, a web-based credit application management system that provides dealers and finance sources the ability to manage their full book of business from a single portal. RouteOne is owned by Ally Financial, Ford Motor Credit, TD Auto Finance and Toyota Financial Services. Drew Egan will continue as Executive Vice President and COO of CU Solutions Group.
“Todd helped us form and lead CUSG after the merger of HRN and CU Village,” Adams said. “He has been creative, hard-working and immensely trusted by me in all of his duties. I will personally miss him and the organization is fortunate to have had him for the past 20 years.”
Adams also announced other staffing changes:
- Michelle Lindsay has been promoted to senior vice president of HRN Performance Solutions.
- Timmy Bohlman has been promoted to senior vice president of Technology Solutions.
- Gary Marshall has been promoted to programming manager for Technology Solutions.
- Diane Knudson has been promoted to director of web development in Technology Solutions.
- The league will hire a new director of information technology with responsibility for internal and external Secure24 hosting.
- Lee Ann Mares, senior vice president of Coporate Marketing and Communications, will also assume responsibility for Marketing and Loyalty Solutions including Invest in America.
- Shawn Wolbert has been promoted to fill the newly created position of director of CU system relations and will handle League InfoSight and CU vendor management as well as other CU association partnerships. In this capacity, Wolbert will report to Lisa Rizk, senior vice president of sales and partner relations.