Credit Unions’ Media, Website and Sweepstakes Launch (Misc News: May 14, 2012)
Today is a big day for the credit union industry in Michigan. Together we launch our $2.48 million media campaign, new CU Link website, $10,000 Own Your Money Sweepstakes and a Facebook and Twitter social media campaign.
All told, as an industry, we have invested $3.3 million dollars in media and production costs to make this campaign happen. Details about each part of the campaign are available online.
Here’s a summary:
- The television and radio spots are completed and can be accessed online:
- View the TV spots
- Listen to the radio spots
- The CU Link website is now live at www.creditunionlink.org.
- Collateral materials kits were shipped last week to all participating credit unions. Click here to see what the collateral looks like. If you have not received your collateral kits, please contact Maureen Lafrinere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Own Your Money Sweepstakes goes live today through June 27. The sweepstakes is designed to create excitement about winning a prize to gain consumers’ and members’ attention for credit unions. Credit unions can promote the sweepstakes beginning today:
- A web banner on your site will drive your members to watch a member-focused video and enter the contest
- A lobby display and take ones within your branch are included in the marketing kit
- Promotional copy for newsletters, your website, on-hold messages and email blasts are available online
A radio spot promoting the sweepstakes will run from May 28 to June 24. More than a thousand instant prizes worth $20,000 will be awarded during the 45-day period.
Our Facebook and Twitter pages launch today, as well. For the campaign to be successful, it is imperative that credit unions are committed to regularly monitoring and responding to follower inquiries related to financial questions, liking our updates, commenting on posts, sharing posts, and starting conversations. Your credit union’s participation builds brand awareness for your credit union and can generate leads.