National Credit Union Foundation Board Nominations Open
The National Credit Union Foundation is currently seeking nominations for four board seats. Volunteers may generally serve up to three terms of the duration of the term of office for the seat they are selected, as long as they are re-nominated by the Foundation Nominations Committee and re-elected by the Foundation Board.
The qualifications for the four Foundation Board seats are as follows:
- Seat 5 – Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 12 – Credit union system affiliate. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a system affiliate.
- Seat 14 – Credit union executive or director or system affiliate or at-large.
- Seat 17 – Credit union executive or director or system affiliate or at-large.
The four Foundation Board seats are currently occupied by the following:
- Seat 5 – Laida Garcia, President/CEO of floridacentral Credit Union in Tampa, Fla., is completing her third three-year term on the Foundation Board;
- Seat 12 – Sarah Bang, former EVP, Industry Relations for CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., has retired from her organization, making this seat vacant;
- Seat 14 – David Mooney, President/CEO of Alliant Credit Union in Chicago, Ill., is completing his first three-year term on the Foundation Board; and
- Seat 17 – Bill Cheney, President/CEO of SchoolsFirst FCU in Santa Ana, Calif., is completing his first three-year term on the Foundation Board.
Mr. Mooney and Mr. Cheney have expressed their intent to run as incumbents for the seats they currently hold.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates interested in applying for any of these four seats can visit ncuf.coop/board to obtain the “Declaration of Candidacy” document. Applications must be received by Oct. 13, 2017.