Final Week to Submit Nominations for MCUL/MCUF Awards, Win Prizes
This is it: the final chance to reward your colleagues for their hard work by nominating them for the 2013 MCUL and MCUF awards.
This year every one of the awards comes with a prize, and you’ll even be entered into a drawing for $500 just for submitting a nomination. But you have to act quickly because all entries must be received by the close of business on Friday, Feb. 1.
The categories and prizes are as follows:
- Distinguished Service Award- the winner will receive a $2,000 prize as well as a $2,500 scholarship to a Michigan college/university to designate to the recipient of his/her choice.
- Credit Union Professional of the Year- the winner will receive a $2,000 prize as well as a $2,500 scholarship to a Michigan college/university to designate to a recipient of his/her choice.
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year- the winning credit union will receive $2,500 to designate as a scholarship or to donate to the Michigan-based charity of its choice.
- MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award- the winning chapter will receive $1000 to donate to the Michigan-based charity of its choice.
- Young Professional of the Year Award- the winner will receive a $500 prize.
- Credit Union Youth Advocate of the Year- the winner will receive a $500 prize.
- Award for Excellence in Consumer Education the winner will receive a $500 prize.
- International Credit Union Development (ICUD) - the winner will receive a $500 prize.
- Credit Union Community Volunteer of the Year Award - the winner will have the honor of selecting a Michigan college student to receive the Michigan Credit Union Foundation’s $5,000 Woodman-Wilde Memorial Scholarship.
To submit a nomination, click here.
For any questions about the process, please contact MCUL & Affiliates public relations manager Mona Shand at Mona.Shand@mcul.org or (800) 262-6285, ext. 246.
Submissions to Monitor may be emailed
. Bryan Laviolette is the editor of Monitor. Contact him by email
or call (800) 262-6285, ext. 233. The newsletter of the Michigan Credit Union League is published Monday mornings or Tuesday mornings when Monday is a holiday. There is no Monitor the week after Christmas and the week after the Annual Convention and Exposition. The MCUL reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and space.