Each year, the Michigan Credit Union League and Michigan Credit Union Foundation recognize individuals and credit unions that are making significant contributions to our industry. We have compiled the various awards in this easy-to-use online submission format.
All nominations for the 2014 MCUL/MCUF Awards must be received by the MCUL no later than the close of business on Monday, January 6, 2014.
You can also download the PDF brochure by clicking here.
The prizes for these prestigious awards are as follows:
- The winners of the Distinguished Service Award and the Credit Union Professional of the Year will each receive a $2000 prize, as well as a $2500 scholarship to a Michigan college/university to designate to a recipient of his/her choice.
- The Outstanding Credit Union of the Year will receive $2500 to use as a scholarship to a Michigan college/university or a donation to a Michigan-based charity of choice.
- The winner of the MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award will receive $1000 to donate to the Michigan-based charity of its choice.
- The winners of the Young Professional of the Year, the Credit Union Youth Advocate of the Year, The International Credit Union Development, and the Excellence in Consumer Education Awards will each receive a $500 prize.
- The winner of the Credit Union Community Volunteer of the Year Award will again have the honor of selecting a Michigan college student to receive the Michigan Credit Union Foundation's $5000 Woodman-Wilde Scholarship.
In addition, anyone who submits a nomination for any category will be entered into a drawing for a $500 prize.
It is our hope that these prizes will serve as a sincere token of our appreciation for the tireless work of our peers and will also help generate a broader range of participation for the nominations.
All MCUL nominations submitted will be reviewed by the MCUL Awards Committee, comprised of representatives from several MCUL member organizations with a focus on credit union and community improvement. This diverse group proposes the winner to the MCUL Board of Directors to be ratified on the basis of the nominations and supporting information received.
All MCUF nominations submitted will be reviewed by the MCUL Awards Committee. The MCUF Trustees select a winner.
Any nomination submitted may be featured in various MCUL and MCUF materials to demonstrate how credit unions and their leaders benefit their communities. Submission of a nomination indicates approval for the MCUL and MCUF to use the nomination materials in its publications and advocacy efforts.
Award winners will be notified confidentially. A public award presentation will be held during the 2014 AC&E in June.
Contact Beth Troost via email at Beth.Troost@mcul.org or phone at (800) 262-6285, ext. 453, if you have additional questions or to obtain more detailed information.