MICHIGAN CREDIT UNION FOUNDATION GRANTS
The Michigan Credit Union Foundation provides grants to credit unions, groups of credit unions and to credit union chapters. MCUF grants are reviewed and approved by the MCUF Board Trustees.
COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT INITIATIVE GRANTS FOR FINANCIAL EDUCATION
The MCUF is proud to assist credit unions and credit union chapters with community-based work and expanding community partnerships. Community Reinvestment Initiative (CRI) grants are available for credit unions developing or implementing a program that supports or is related to the Michigan Credit Union League’s CRI program. CRI Grants for member and community financial education efforts are especially encouraged.
Suggested activities for CRI financial education grants:
- Biz Kid$: Financial education enhancements such as community youth events, local underwriting, box sets for schools with teacher training, etc.
- Exchange City: Partnership activities and enhancements
- Financial counseling and financial education activities and community events
- Money Smart Week activities
- Reality Fairs for youth: Your own version or using CUNA’s Mad City Money or America’s Credit Union Museum’s CU 4 Reality
- Financial education or counseling enhancements to Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site
CRI Grant application and guidelines
OPERATIONAL GRANTS FOR SMALL ASSET SIZED CREDIT UNIONS
The MCUF provides support for Michigan credit unions with $50 million or less in assets through Operational Grants. These grant funds are awarded to Michigan credit unions on a first come, first served basis as funds allow. The grants are for technology and operations related expenses and upgrades that will measurably assist the credit union in serving its members. As Operational Grant funds are limited, interested credit unions are encouraged to apply early in the year to optimize their chances of securing a grant. Grants are capped at $2,000 per credit union.
Operational grant application and guidelines
2011 MCUF CRI Financial Education Grant Funded Projects
|FinancialEdge Community Credit Union's "Do-$ave" branch partnership with Do-Al Inc., bringing affordable financial services and personal finance education to adult trainees with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
|REAL Solutions financial counseling training enhancements to bring live training, weekly webinars and support to class of 101 Michigan participants working to get their Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor designation.