The following tried and true events give you access to state and federal lawmakers in a variety of venues. We would love nothing more than to stand side-by-side with leaders from every Michigan credit union to represent the best interests of our industry. The Michele Myrick CURE Defense Fund Scholarship can assist those in need with the cost of attending the CUNA GAC and the Hike the Hill grassroots lobbying trips to Washington D.C.
- CUNA GAC: The CUNA Gov. Affairs Conference brings hundreds of credit union leaders from across the country to Washington each February, where they share industry needs with congress.
- MCUL GAC: Credit union executives and board members are brought up to speed on pressing legislative issues, learn how to encourage grassroots political participation, and interact with their local state senators and representatives.
- Hike the Hill: This two-day event in Washington gives credit unions access to Michigan's congressional delegation and shows the strength of the movement.
- Capitol Day: A legislative luncheon is the centerpiece of this one-day Lansing-based biannual event, which includes a legislative briefing and review with MCUL staff.
- Chapter Legislative Breakfasts: State and federal legislators are featured speakers at MCUL-facilitated chapter breakfasts, which appear with other chapter programs on the Chapter Events Calendar.