Any credit union professional whose credit union is affiliated with the MCUL may be nominated.
This award recognizes an individual whose leadership and accomplishments have bettered their individual credit union, district/chapter, the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) and/or the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). Please summarize their accomplishments in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial strength and performance
- New and improved services to members
- New activities or programs
- Growth in membership
- Employee development
- Financial literacy efforts
- Community involvement
- Other areas that contributed to strengthening the credit union to position it for greater success
- State and/or national credit union accomplishments
- Legislative advocacy
- Chapter leadership and accomplishments
The MCUL Awards Committee, on the basis of the nominations and supporting information received, proposes the winner to the MCUL Board of Directors to be ratified.
Any nomination submitted may be featured in various MCUL and MCUF materials to demonstrate how credit unions and their leaders benefit their communities. Submission of a nomination indicates approval for the MCUL and MCUF to use the nomination materials in its publications and advocacy efforts.
- All entries must include up to four supporting documents that address the criteria listed above.
The winner of this prestigious award will receive a $2000 prize as well as a $2500 scholarship for a Michigan college or university to designate to a recipient of his/her choice, or a donation to a Michigan-based charitable organization of the winner's choosing.
Please note that no additional supplementary material will be reviewed.