- Continue to position CU Link as the unifying force to strengthen the perception of credit unions individually and collectively
- CU Link is the website that describes the power of the credit union “network” of shared branches, ATMs, CUSOs, etc.
- Use existing Own Your Money theme and creative, but expand the campaign with additional elements
- Develop a segmented approach to target younger audience under 25
- Drive new members
- Drive product volume – loans, credit cards, checking/debit, business loans
- Use media mix to gain efficiencies and surround our target audiences with our messages
The 2013 campaign media plan will focus on surrounding the target audience with media, including:
- Out-of-home (billboards)
- Public Relations
- Word of Mouth
- Social Media
- Digital Display
Traditionally,we have targeted adults ages 25-54, but credit unions are asking for help reaching younger consumers. As we expand our target audience and begin to focus more on consumers in the 16-25 years age group, our media choices should reflect their media habits. The plan is to continue to use traditional media but to add some non-traditional channels that will help us reach younger consumers, such as social media and search. One thing we know about younger consumers is that they use more media sources that their older counterparts.