Any credit union, staff or official volunteer of a Michigan credit union affiliated with the Michigan Credit Union League is eligible for consideration.
The award recognizes an individual or credit union for outstanding contributions and innovation in consumer financial education for members and within the community in two or more of the following categories:
- Promotes or teaches financial literacy education in the local community, educational settings or outreach programs
- Inspires consumers of all backgrounds to learn
- Has earned the respect and admiration of his or her peers
- Is committed to ongoing personal professional development
- Utilizes quality financial literacy educational materials
The MCUL Awards Committee, on the basis of the nominations and supporting information received, proposes the winner to the MCUL Board of Directors to be ratified.
Any nomination submitted may be featured in various MCUL and MCUF materials to demonstrate how credit unions and their leaders benefit their communities. Submission of a nomination indicates approval for the MCUL and MCUF to use the nomination materials in its publications and advocacy efforts.
New for 2013
The winner of this prestigious award will receive a $500 prize.
- All entries must include up to four supporting documents that address the criteria listed above.
Please note that no additional supplementary material will be reviewed.